1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the range today, decided to rent one of their Para P15-40 for some plinking.

I understand that these range guns are hardly cleaned, and generally not in the best of condition.

The problem I encounter today was that the last round would not chamber from the magazine.

Since I'm new shooting, I thought I would ask this question so I could learn what to do when I encounter it later with my own pistols.

Was this a problem with a soft or weak magazine spring, or could it be the range reload ammo I was using?

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
n2299, you are probably correct in your assumption that the problem is magazine related.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Originally posted by shane45-1911:
n2299, you are probably correct in your assumption that the problem is magazine related.
Concur... As this was a Range Rental, I don't think I would get too worried about this, you might mention it to them, and ask them to change it, but other than that, it's not your problem.

Enjoy!

Also, isn't that a P16-40?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by jaydee:
...Also, isn't that a P16-40?
No, this was a Commander size, P15-40.

Basically, just like Shane45-1911's P13 except in .40.

FWIW I have a Blue P16-40 Limited. Sweet gun!

[This message has been edited by n2299 (edited 09-02-2001).]

·
Registered
364 Posts
When the last round has a feeding problem, and the rest were fine, it's usually due to the mag follower sitting on a bent spring. That happens alot when someone disassembles the mag for cleaning or maintenance. It is very easy to bend the spring when removing or re-installing the follower. It's a simple adjustment that can be done with some needle nose pliers. Keep in mind, it's the spring you want to reshape, not the follower.

------------------
Really interesting....Don't ya think??

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Newton:
When the last round has a feeding problem, and the rest were fine, it's usually due to the mag follower sitting on a bent spring...

Thanks Newton!

BTW a couple of weeks back, you had mention on one of my posts that you might be putting together a list of places to shoot around town. I would love to have a copy when it's done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts