1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I get it, self censorship. Delightful!

Better get used to it if Hillary steals this election.
Because that's what you'll be dealing with on the federal level.

·
Administrator
71,887 Posts
So, I guess that we will now be like The High Road where political discussion is verbotten.
Are you surprised that they did that? We have considered it many times as well. People usually act like gentlemen in the other sub-forums, but here they often act like they're on the Jerry Springer Show and the staff is getting very tired of dealing with it.

Pretty intolerant. Isn't this America? You know, we have that free speech thing.
Free speech means you have a Constitutional right to set up your very own Internet forum, pay for it and run it like it's your house. Right now you're in somebody else's.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Well its probably the right thing to do...

Right now you can't tell who is a DNC Superpac paid Internet Troll (per WikiLeaks DNC emails) attempting to sabotage the election... and wreck the 2nd Amendment...

....from one who is actually just stating their own opinion...

It would probably be a good idea if this as well spreads to other gun forums.

It's best if we unite and support Trump and focus on Hillary who really is attempting to destroy the 2nd amendment.

Trump isn't going to get elected unless we support him and start calling out the DNC, the Media, and Hillary's BS when they spew it.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Interesting. But the house calls the shots, so as it shall be written, so it shall be done. Hopefully we all come out on the right side of things, one way or another.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I get it, self censorship. Delightful!
I know you're trying to be snide, but ironically, you're correct. Self censorship actually is delightful. Although a more common term for it is "manners". Every day there are things I'd love to say to people that it would be neither polite nor prudent to say, so I don't. I think almost all of us fall into that category. It's what we learned as we developed into mature adults. Just because you can do or say something doesn't mean you should.

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
I know you're trying to be snide, but ironically, you're correct. Self censorship actually is delightful. Although a more common term for it is "manners". Every day there are things I'd love to say to people that it would be neither polite nor prudent to say, so I don't. I think almost all of us fall into that category. It's what we learned as we developed into mature adults. Just because you can do or say something doesn't mean you should.
That was very well said BoulderTroll.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
About damned time, now, can we begin that thread where religion fits in with the 2nd!

I'm working on a book, where my premise is, that Martin Luther's 1521 Treatise on "The Christian & Temporal Authority; to what extent should it be obeyed?" is not only the basis for the English common law of 1681, but also our own 2nd Amendment!

Would that count? :D

·
Premium Member
12,927 Posts
Nope. Go find a 1A forum if you want to be an idiot.
:rock::rock::rock:

With so much at stake whether one likes or hates Trump, one needs to keep things in perspective, and just bashing the man to get jollies is quite pointless if you love 2A. Any rational 2A supporter should know what to do in November and the constant bashing of Trump just helps to propagate much of the propaganda for the Press (it is also obvious that we have been infiltrated by (some [not all the Trump bashers, but some]) Hillary surrogates....And there is much more at stake then just 2A, our entire democracy and constitution is being overwhelmed by Leftyism and all the problems it brings.

·
Premium Member
7,114 Posts
I for one have appreciated the latitude given in the 2A sub forum.
Where else can we do this? ( rhetorical )
It has helped share opinions ( not always in agreement ) with the election and occurrences from people from all backgrounds, from across our country.
As a relative newcomer here compared to others, but not to boards, where 5 people in a room can't necessarily agree on anything, decorum should rule the day.
So whether I agreed with a thread getting closed or not, most should get it, since we're all supposed to be on the same page election/2A wise.
When I'm in someone else's house, I don't go in their refrigerator or take the remote and change the tv channel.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Ya know?

I don't blame the Administrators and Moderators.

Posting on this site is similar to being in their house.

It is their house.

Paid for by them.

Built by them.

Maintained by them.

So while we all have "Freedom of Speech", we also have an obligation to be courteous while in someone else's house.

After all, you'd expect that same courtesy in your own house.

So anyone who doesn't like how this site is administered or moderated, kindly build your own site at your own expense.

Then, you can say anything you want to.

I for one appreciate the opportunity to post here.

I've learned lots about 1911's, reloading and BHP's.

I've also enjoyed discussing and debating within the framework of the rules of this site.

Sincerely,
NonHyphenAmerican
Rules are rules and I understand that.
But just to be clear there are a few of us that help pay for this site.
51 posts and I count 5 supporters.
That's pretty sad.

·
Registered
831 Posts
If I don't like the house rules I can always leave the house. I don't mind this rule at all and think the forum is acting without offense in imposing it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
But isn't that the same logic the Dems use to control speech? "We make the rules, so here is what can be discussed and what cannot be discussed?"

·
Registered
602 Posts
I feel like my rant yesterday started all of this, I'm sorry if it did, the mans got my vote, I just don't understand his actions that's all.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
But isn't that the same logic the Dems use to control speech? "We make the rules, so here is what can be discussed and what cannot be discussed?"
Unless you are a troll or just not very bright, why would you want to come to a gun forum and attack the only candidate in the race that supports the Second Amendment? And don't tell me the Libertarian Party supports it when they put William Weld on the ticket.

·
Registered
858 Posts
We are a Pro 2A forum. Learn it, know it, live it and love it. Or for those that don't, take a hike.
Well said!

Presently, we seem to be Living in a time and place where if you're anti Trump then you're anti 2nd Amendment (it is what it is). Unfortunately, there seem to be a lot of anti Trump ppl around here.

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Well said!

Presently, we seem to be Living in a time and place where if you're anti Trump then you're anti 2nd Amendment (it is what it is). Unfortunately, there seem to be a lot of anti Trump ppl around here.
Being disappointed in Trump's campaign up to this point does not make someone anti-gun. That's BS.
Even his hardcore supporters here admit there is plenty of room for improvement.

·
Administrator
18,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Being disappointed in Trump's campaign up to this point does not make someone anti-gun. That's BS.
Even his hardcore supporters here admit there is plenty of room for improvement.
3, 2, 1.....

2 weeks off.

41 - 60 of 124 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.