1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Thanks for putting an end to the anti-Trump rhetoric. There is no need to be actively campaigning about the only pro-2A candidate in the race. We are bombarded with anti-Trump messaging 24/7 in the media. Do we really need it here too when we should be advancing the only person who can stop Crooked Hillary's anti-2A agenda?

As for this thread, it is has been very entertaining. Sometimes you just have to play the Trump card.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,920 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,187 Posts
I know you're trying to be snide, but ironically, you're correct. Self censorship actually is delightful. Although a more common term for it is "manners". Every day there are things I'd love to say to people that it would be neither polite nor prudent to say, so I don't. I think almost all of us fall into that category. It's what we learned as we developed into mature adults. Just because you can do or say something doesn't mean you should.
BoulderTroll, that was so very well said. Good manners use to be common, but these days it seems to be rather fleeting. The part in bold is very true for many of us who were raised to respect the opinions and property of others (even if we don't agree with them), and is one of the reasons I don't post very often in this sub-forum.

LW - thanks for returning some sanity here!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Moderators, Thank you!

I had become very disheartening to watch a minority who under the guise of independence worked so diligently to undermine our only 2A preservation option. One can only guess at the motivations involved but rest assured none of those motivations are of a wholesome nature.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This election cycle, it's kind of easy to get wound up. What say we all turn off our computers, phones, & TVs for a bit. Pick up your favorite 1911, and go out shooting.

·
Registered
12,220 Posts
Agree with direction taken. Otherwise, we're wasting valuable time and energy that could be better directed towards defeating enemies of the 2A.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Even my mom and I have stopped talking about politics because the lines have been drawn and it's time to circle the wagons.
Two sides, two people are left. If you own a firearm and expect for you children to still be able to enjoy the same memories you have than the choice should be clear. If you want your grandkids to enjoy owning gramps gun than the choice is clear.

God
Guns
Guts

Made this country. The choice should be clear.

·
Registered
493 Posts
You'll see

I think I'm bright enough to see the damage done to the 2A by picking the wrong candidate. Please show me some credible indicators that Trump will win. Please. I'm not seeing any so please help out. I'll rely on your vast wisdom.

Unless you are a troll or just not very bright, why would you want to come to a gun forum and attack the only candidate in the race that supports the Second Amendment? And don't tell me the Libertarian Party supports it when they put William Weld on the ticket.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
This Nation was built on the principals of Open and unhindered debate. I think we have gotten this wrong. Instead of closing debate, perhaps we should be more focused on dealing with the Offenders whom can not debate in a respectful and polite manner.

Debating among ourselves helps us see our own weaknesses as 2A proponents. Suffocating this exchange will only work to our own detriment in the long run. Shutting our eyes to the issues, weaknesses and potential pitfalls. I am currently working to help the Local GOP Committee develop talking points and Political Action Plans, for what our message needs to be and how to best deliver this message. I have drawn upon this very Forum as an incredible mining tool. There are some remarkable deep thinkers in here. On both sides of the issues! I am sad to see constructive conversation cease. So to will the sharing of ideas, thoughts and talking points. To win this election cycle we Must know our Enemy. We must know how they think and the arguments they will proffer. Essentially putting our heads in the sand, is not the answer.

While I understand the extra strain this has placed on our Admins and in some regards I can related to their decision. I implore them to rethink this total and complete ban. Consider a set of hard and fast Debate Rules that will apply in the 2A section. Anyone who violates them gets an automatic 2 week vacation. No warnings, no hesitation. Make the conversation polite, gentleman like and respectful.

It was never the debate that was the problem. It was particular individuals who confused debating with Street Fighting.

Perhaps I will be treated to my own 2 week vacation for sharing my opinion. I hope not, and I think this is the best Moderated Forum on the Internet. I support this Forum with my pocketbook and will continue to do so, vacation or not.

But I felt compelled to point out that we may be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. This will be my last word on this subject should the Admins stay the course. If however, they decide to reconsider I offer my services to the Admins in developing "2A Debating Rules" or the like.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
This site is becoming very political. LW McVay thank you for directing the forum in this direction and not allowing members with the wrong viewpoint to post here. 1911 Forum Lives Matter!

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
... I think we have gotten this wrong. Instead of closing debate, perhaps we should be more focused on dealing with the Offenders whom can not debate in a respectful and polite manner....
Sounds great in theory, Adam, but it presupposes that the mods have both the time and inclination to oversee the affair. From their comments, I'm inclined to think they have neither.
To me, for every several handfuls of respectful and polite posts, there always comes along the one that's not even remotely polite or tactful. Or, more troubling, shows so little evidence of critical thought that it's painful to try to process. I won't miss them. I've got CNN for that. :)
L.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
This Nation was built on the principals of Open and unhindered debate. I think we have gotten this wrong. Instead of closing debate, perhaps we should be more focused on dealing with the Offenders whom can not debate in a respectful and polite manner.

Debating among ourselves helps us see our own weaknesses as 2A proponents. Suffocating this exchange will only work to our own detriment in the long run. Shutting our eyes to the issues, weaknesses and potential pitfalls. I am currently working to help the Local GOP Committee develop talking points and Political Action Plans, for what our message needs to be and how to best deliver this message. I have drawn upon this very Forum as an incredible mining tool. There are some remarkable deep thinkers in here. On both sides of the issues! I am sad to see constructive conversation cease. So to will the sharing of ideas, thoughts and talking points. To win this election cycle we Must know our Enemy. We must know how they think and the arguments they will proffer. Essentially putting our heads in the sand, is not the answer.

While I understand the extra strain this has placed on our Admins and in some regards I can related to their decision. I implore them to rethink this total and complete ban. Consider a set of hard and fast Debate Rules that will apply in the 2A section. Anyone who violates them gets an automatic 2 week vacation. No warnings, no hesitation. Make the conversation polite, gentleman like and respectful.

It was never the debate that was the problem. It was particular individuals who confused debating with Street Fighting.

Perhaps I will be treated to my own 2 week vacation for sharing my opinion. I hope not, and I think this is the best Moderated Forum on the Internet. I support this Forum with my pocketbook and will continue to do so, vacation or not.

But I felt compelled to point out that we may be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. This will be my last word on this subject should the Admins stay the course. If however, they decide to reconsider I offer my services to the Admins in developing "2A Debating Rules" or the like.
Very well said, Adam, but I am siding more with the Mod's point of view than with yours. All your points are valid when a debate is wanted or needed. That point has past. I think you missed LW's point, and the point of the mods; debate time is over. I agree with them. I think the first three years following an election are the appropriate times for debating a candidate's performance, flaws, or suitability. When election time is upon us that time is over.

"You may talk o' gin and beer when you're quartered safe out 'ere...But when it comes to slaughter you will do your work on water."

Politically speaking, we're past the gin and beer stage...no more need for that debate.

·
Registered
797 Posts

While I understand the extra strain this has placed on our Admins and in some regards I can related to their decision. I implore them to rethink this total and complete ban. Consider<script id="gpt-impl-0.06184321267576803" src="https://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt/pubads_impl_93.js"></script> a set of hard and fast Debate Rules that will apply in the 2A section. Anyone who violates them gets an automatic 2 week vacation. No warnings, no hesitation. Make the conversation polite, gentleman like and respectful.

People like you is one of the main reasons I visit this forum (among other things). Your well thought out post speaks volumes for your character. I too, love to debate. But one should never stoop so low as to name calling or refusing to see the other side. If you never look to see the other side, how are you going to know how good you have it?

·
Registered
271 Posts
To L W McVay. I know I am late to the party posting on he 4th page, but thank you for taking a stand for our second amendment. There is one clear choice and while Donald Trump isn't 100% perfect He is still the clear choice.

61 - 80 of 124 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.