1911Forum banner

late 1942 WB Colt

533 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  exitwounds
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just like saturation bombing knocks out targets with unknown locations, I've found the only consistent way to find guns is to constantly be looking in one way or another.
While I don't set-up at all that many shows anymore, I do strive to regularly hit all the shows within about 2 hrs. of home, and some even much further if I think they're worth the effort. That covers a pretty wide area in several states.
Two truths to remember in looking for guns are:

1) Every dog has it's day in the sun.
2) The sun don't shine on the same dog's rump every day! :)

· Registered
321 Posts
My problem is I'm not focused. If it's a great deal, I'll collect it. If it speaks to me, I'll collect it.

I don't know what I'll do with an M1A, but I got a great deal. :hrm:

Nice pieces.

Brian

· Registered
167 Posts
PZ93C said:
My problem is I'm not focused. If it's a great deal, I'll collect it. If it speaks to me, I'll collect it.

I don't know what I'll do with an M1A, but I got a great deal. :hrm:

Nice pieces.

Brian
I see your point Brian, I am "focused", but won't turn down a good deal either! :biglaugh:

· Registered
82 Posts
Scott,
Nice Hi Standard USA H-D. Interesting it is parkerized. I have a couple but not the USA. I do have a nice Model B-US though. For some reason the Navy seemed to use the Hi-Standards a lot in training and on board. They are found on a lot of sub and ship manifests.

· Registered
1,072 Posts
Lovely pistol Scott! I read somewhere that parkerizing began on those models somewhere about SN# 130xxx. The US Navy Bureau of Ordnance catalog issued in July of '45 lists the Model B and H-D pistols, spare parts, tools, etc. and indicates the Navy used these weapons in the foreword of the catalog:
"these pistols are designed to train personnel in the use of sidearms. the use of the small Cal. .22 Cartridge is of great aid in teaching basic principles rapidly and in preventing flinching."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.