1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve never owned a 4” m57. I bought a 58 new back in 60s. I’ve had several 6.5” 57s and this makes 4th 8 3/8”. Two were nickel. I don’t do stainless either. I keep blue P&R era S&Ws, Ns & Ks.

·
Banned
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Careful that thing doesn't grow on you. In two years I look forward to some .41 Mag loading data from you. :D
No way. I just skinned clear out of 41mgs a year or so ago. I never liked them. The 16gauge shotgun of revolvers. Not enough bigger than 357 or smaller than 44 to mess with. However you’ns are welcome to my 41 data. I just sold my loading dies and didn’t have a 41 left. I still have molds and sizing dies yet. I found that I have been shooting 38sp K38s, 44sp M24s and 45s in 25-5 and 25-2s more than magnum models. Besides who besides a piano player, and my brother would carry a nickel plated pistol. * loads marked MATT were for Bros Ruger Blackhawk.
Font Handwriting Paper Document Monochrome

·
Banned
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sold all my 4” N frames except still have a couple near mint M28s. Got rid of all my NIBs except a M24. I got 38s-357s-44sp-44mg-45Colt-45acp in N frames. Don’t need 41. I have a old 3screw SBH that I bought in 1964. That is my designated deer shooter. Only revolver I have using jacketed bullets and magnum loads. I do have a nickel S&W 32/20 that I took on deal. I never keep fixed sight models.
I will say M58 firing first store bought ammo, Peters 210 JSP printed right with the sights. That wasn’t just mine, several buddies had them and they all shot extremely well.

·
Banned
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have to ask, if you hate it so much then why did you buy it? If nothing else you just denied someone else who might've been searching gun shops for a clean used .41 Magnum in nickel.
The price was only reason I bought it. Normally would only take such a gun on trade. I will use it to trade for blue S&W or flip it. I don’t let anything go by that is killer deal wether I like it or not. That’s why I got a big gun collection. It wasn’t built up by looking for one gun I was looking for. I went that route when I was young. Sat in may auctions waiting for certain firearm to come to doc. Only to have it run up and bought by others. Meanwhile many good deals I passed. I saw the error of my ways and bid on anything that would increase my lot. Gun dealing is every man for himself. I don’t know anyone who passes a good deal on anything on the basis of denying it to someone else. Whether it’s a truck, horse or anything else. I’ve never herd someone make such a statement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts