1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<><> Has anyone had any exprience with this ammo, in .45?
--------------------
Thanks, in advance
Raspy

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just posted this same topic on the Kimber forum, you might want to read that. We are not alone. I had never had a failure to feed before I tried this ammo, and then had two or three on some mags. Really ticked me off, but I guess I'll just stick to my Federal JHPs

Cheers

------------------
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
-Thomas Jefferson

·
Registered
62 Posts
Purchased 500 rounds from Eric at Ammoman.com. No problems until the last 100. Several FTF's but they were all ammo related. Bullet seated to far into the casing on one, not seated far enough on another...

Will switch back to Fiocchi next go around. That is very nice, clean shooting stuff.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I have shot Lawman before and it seemed okay, but at the time, I was dealing with ammoman.com and the only reason why I got the Lawman was because they were out of Fiocchi. As kptaylor said, Fiocchi is pretty darn clean ammo. The guys I shoot with that reload really like it when my Fiocchi cases become part of their reloading inventory. Off of the ground, the Fiocchi cases are cleaner than just about anything else, so less time is needed to clean them before re-use. And that is the other thing, the reloading guys have told me that Fiocchi has very good brass, well made, uniform, and can be reloaded many, many times.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lawman isn't crimped, so it's very sensitive to feed problems. If it's not popped perfectly into the chamber, the bullet can get pushed back into the case. I've got an entire unopened case that I'm considering returning to ammoman to exchange for some other variety, I've had so many problems.

In the mean time, I've taken to running rounds through my lee factory crimp die to make them useful.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
There was definately at least one batch that had problems...The last case I had was from CTDirt and ran without a flaw in a brand new SA 4" 45...I've heard lots of complaints at times about the very same ammo from a different batch...Go figger'...The stuff that I've had the most problems with is UMC 230 Ball...Dirty, stinks and gums up the works after 50 rds...Like I said...Go figger'...Sometimes you have to just find what works in YOUR pistol and go with it...Reloading is a good option also...I've had pretty good luck with S&B also...Lately, I've loaded up some 200gr LSWC and some 200gr XTPs at varying strengths with AA#5 and I couldn't be happier...I'm carryin' the XTPs and shootin' the crap outta' the LSWC and JFPs with equal abandon! Good luck locatin' your pistols' favorite!

------------------
>>>>>>>>>>g2<<<<<<<<<<

!!!Molon Labe'!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts