1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this gem while reading up on my new pruchase (Kimber Warrior):

In the section on firing:
5. Place index finger on trigger, taek aim and gently squeeze rearward until hammer is released and falls forward striking the firing pin. Be prepared for a loud noise and recoil
OK, if you were not previously aware that when you pull the trigger on a loaded pistol that there will be a loud noise and recoil, should anyone really have sold you a pistol in the first place?

Matt

·
Registered
692 Posts
I guess everybody is so concerned about getting sued that we just have to tolerate all the nonsense. Its sort of like when you buy coffee. There is a warning that states, "caution, contents hot". Darn, I never would have known that without the warning.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's almost as good as the the TV ad for the new Jeep Commander. As the vehicle drives OUT of the ocean and up the beach, text at the bottom of the screen reads, "Fictionalization. Vehicle not suitable for underwater use."

Check out a great book on the subject, "The Death of Common Sense" by Philip K. Howard.

·
Registered
35 Posts
KY1911,

LOL! The first time I saw that commercial I said to myself, who cares about the ridiculous disclaimer! Some idiot will try to emulate that commercial and then they will try to sue Daimler-Chrylser when their Jeep goes Tango Uniform!!!

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
MattLarson said:
Came across this gem while reading up on my new pruchase (Kimber Warrior):

In the section on firing:

OK, if you were not previously aware that when you pull the trigger on a loaded pistol that there will be a loud noise and recoil, should anyone really have sold you a pistol in the first place?

Matt
Granted that statement is a bit of "overkill" but if you spend a day working behind a gun counter, you might be amazed at the questions you are asked by people wanting to buy their first gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.