1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having failure-to-feed problems with my C7 and am beginning to think they're mag-related. Has anyone had a problem with LB mags? Also, who makes them? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
I've not had any problems with my Baer mag, but I only have one. Try some Wilson 7 rounders and see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I talked to Mr. Baer about my 10mm and he told me at the time (about 2 years ago) the 10mm mags were metalforms.

I believe that the standard 45 mags are also metalforms, but the older ones (7 to 10 years ago) are from a different company and look more like wilsons.

Sorry to be so vague, but this is the best info I have.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Me too

I have a CVII and experience FTF's. I think it is my magazines. I have 7 LB mag's so I am holding on to a bunch of practice magazines if so.

What problem are you having? I have experienced problems with last round not getting fed up the feed ramp properly. It seems like the round is coming forward a little and being popped up out of place. My round is ending up at a 45 degree angle and the slide comes forward on it. I may be totally off on the diagnosis though. I am definitely not a gun doctor.

What kind of problem(s) are you having with your CVII?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I've had problems with Baer mags. Try a Wilson mag and see if the problem is solved.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He likes the Wilson mags, and so do I , but they won't lock the slide back on either my Custom Carry or my Concept 7.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Fliedout,

have you tried chip mccormick's power mag's? After reading a few posts I might try one.

·
Registered
238 Posts
has anyone tried to get baer to stand behind their magazines? Meaning, has anyone tried to ask them to take them back and be replaced with new ones based on reported problems.

·
Premium Member
20,301 Posts
dd...Obviously you've never spoken to Les! :eek:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have.... just not on this issue. I wanted to be informed before I spoke to him if that is what I decide to do.

What do you mean by the comment -

·
Registered
352 Posts
AZ Husker said:
dd...Obviously you've never spoken to Les! :eek:
AZ Husker,
I have! End of discussion! :biglaugh:

dd,
Don't talk to Les about his mags.

·
Premium Member
20,301 Posts
Yeah, neither Les nor Ed take kindly to ANY inference that their products may have a problem! :rolleyes:
I find the most reliable magazines that work in all my different brands of 1911s are Metalforms, especially the round-top 7-rounders. Those are the ones shipped with Ed Browns now.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Fliedout said:
So, having said that, whose mags are recommended for LB pistols?

In who's opinion?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts