1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a problem with failure to reset trigger on the LDAs? Fired mine for the first time Sat. and it failed to reset 40% of the time. Only fired 40 rounds before becoming disgusted and embaressed having to cock the hammer every other time like a single action revolver. Para says send it to them so they can update it possibly at my expense. Any info on this?

·
Registered
60 Posts
There has to be a problem with the trigger mechanism because you shouldn't be able to cock the hammer on a LDA or you damage the trigger bar (I guess thats what it's called)
I have one and haven't had a problem with the trigger resetting.
I would send it back to Para to figure out whats up with it or at least email and/or call them. Here is their web site http://www.paraord.com/pages/main.html
Hope this helps
Blackgun

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blackgun how old is your gun? I purchased mine in Nov. 2001, serial # in the 2500s.The Para tech told me I had an older gun that may need to be updated. They apparently are aware of some sort of potential problem with these guns. He said my gun was not under lifetime service warranty because it was made before 2001. I guess I will have to pay for service. Big mistake not testing before now. Just the shipping alone is well over one hundred bucks to and from Para,s service center. I guess my 550
dollar deal is not so good now.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Call Jay Krauter

My LDA has never had this problem, but I have heard a few rumbles about it. I recommend you call Jay Krauter who is the Para factory service guy. I have talked to him and he knows LDA guns inside out.

Here is the number of Jay Krauter who I believe heads up Para USA service:

865-774-4970

1 - 6 of 6 Posts