1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I tryed to get into the reloading section, but it requires a different password than the regular forum. I just got a reloading press over the weekend and am wanting to start loading for my(wife's:grumble: ) PM3-P. I was wondering what experiences any here have had using lead bullets in their DW's.

I was also wondering how I could go about getting access to the reloading section or any other good reloading forums on the net.

·
Premium Member
10,798 Posts
The reloading forum has been closed for a couple months-Please check the numerous post about it. Any post requesting reloading info in other subforums will not be allowed until that forum is back up, so please keep this thread on track by discussing lead bullets in DW's only without any reloading info. Thanks.

Take care,
Art

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Noklue. I thought it was gone completely. But then I saw the heading on the main page and I thought it was back, especially with the warning underneath the title.

Yeah, I'd just like to know anyone's experiences, good or bad, with lead ammo in your DW.

Also, I'd still like to try and find some decent reloading forums on the net and am not having much luck. Any ideas?

·
Registered
816 Posts
I tried lead once, dont use if shooting indoors. I tried lazer cast, they said it would not lead foul but not in my case, I spent hours trying to get the lead out. I now use Rainer plated with great sucess, stay away from lead IMO.

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Hey, Jim! Where you been? :)

I shoot a LOT of lead in 45acp (200gr SWC), and highly recommend it for accuracy and economy, but don't shoot nearly as much lead in 10mm, due to leading issues. Have dinked around with Moly-coated lead in 10mm, but have run into other issues w/ moly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So Dave, what brand/mold would you recommend? I'm just looking to get cheaper handloads so my wife can plink more.

I need to find another DW so she can have it so I can have my Pointman back.:mummy:

BTW, rbert0005, thanks for the link!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
j20owner said:
So Dave, what brand/mold would you recommend? I'm just looking to get cheaper handloads so my wife can plink more.

I need to find another DW so she can have it so I can have my Pointman back.:mummy:

BTW, rbert0005, thanks for the link!
I have used Lee molds with great success; I have used my cast bullets for everything from plinking to the Nationals at Camp Perry. You can make outstanding bullets with Lee molds.

For a good all around bullet for .45 ACP, I believe the 200 gr LSWC, HG-68 design is the best. PM me for load information.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Dave Severns said:
Hey, Jim! Where you been? :)
life keeping me busy, plus Ive been playing around with my other gun passion, AR15s. But Im starting to get the 1911 bug, 10mm longslide keeps call me :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Powderman said:
For a good all around bullet for .45 ACP, I believe the 200 gr LSWC, HG-68 design is the best. PM me for load information.

What exactly is the 'HG-68' design? I'm completely new to this. I've only reloaded 100rds of .45 acp before and my uncle basically just set me up and I ran the press. Didn't really learn alot. I'll PM you the load we used and to get your load info.

Is this a H&G 68 design?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts