1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a EMP 9mm and have been searching around for a leather double mag carrier that is in stock and have been coming up short. Would any single stack 9mm/40 mag carrier work?

How about posting up what you guys use for your emp's to help give me some idea's.
:rock:

·
Registered
694 Posts
This is just my opinion, so if you don't agree I'll understand. Also, I'm retired, so, I don't have any organizational policies requiring me to carry re-loads in a specific maner. Over the years I owned various custom-made holsters from some of the finest leather benders on the planet, usually, I would order matching magazine pouches with the holster. However, I discovered the mag pouches would stay in the drawer at the house and I'd slip a mag or two in my pocket and be on my merry way. I know, I know, we all have been told you shouldn't carry your reloads this way and believe me, sometimes I'd feel bad about doing it. One day while browsing through several websites looking for new leather, I happened upon an image of a nifty thing called a "Pocket Magazine Holster", or whatever creative name they may have come up with. This device is like a handgun pocket holster, but made for magazines. The better made 'mag holsters' like their handgun counterparts, are designed to "snag" on the inside of the pocket and be retained while you retrieve the magazine for the reload. Ingenius! I personally think this is the greatest invention since sliced bread. Why it took so many years for me to discover is another story. I never said I'm the sharpest tool in the box. Bottom line, I no longer buy traditional magazine pouches. This just my solution to carrying a tactical reload for that dark place. Statistically, you'll never need a reload, but remember, if you get into a gunfight, you've just thrown the 'statistics' out the window:)

·
Registered
651 Posts
I made this and carry it in my hip pocket. Cost about $5-10 and an evening of work with a a square foot of raw leather, a sharp knife some contact cements and two harness needles.
The leather is fairly thin, soaked in water and the edge turned over and allowed to dry. It is glued down, wet molded over the magazine [I like to use my SS mags for that] and sewn up after it is glued.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've carried mags in a a standard belt carrier and in the pocket (both loose and in a pocket carrier). I find that my ability to reload is much quicker when using a standard belt carrier. Also, this frees up space for a BUG, light, knife, keys, etc.

Regarding the OP's orignal question... my wife carries her EMP in a Raven Concealment Systems holster and carries two magazines in a Raven Concealment Systems belt carrier. There are kydex pieces and were made by moulding the kydex to her pistol and mags. I am not aware of anyone making a leather mag carrier for the EMP however, EMP 9mm magazines are almost identical in shap to Kahr 9mm magazines. EMP magazines fit nicely in the leather magazine carrier I have for my Kahr.

If you cannot find a leather mag carrier marketed for the EMP, a leather mag carrier marketed for Kahr 9mm mags should work fine.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replys guys, gives me a few things to think about. I will definitly cheak out the Kahr mag carrier since it is pretty close to the emp mag.

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
OP & faulty...since I'm right-handed I carry my reloads in my left pocket, BUG (S&W 642) in my right pocket, primary weapon @ 1600 on my right-side. Yes, it gets a little heavy. In the summer, 99% of the time it's my S&W 642 in my right pocket, a speedloader, and a Stripper Clip in my left. Total 15-rounds. Everything is a trade-off when carrying concealed. Again my needs are based upon a retired civilian making a conscious effort to stay out of trouble. Your's may be different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts