1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Too bad that lawyer wasn't allowed to carry concealed when the old digruntled guy took the law into his own hands and decided to empty a revolver at him.

Maybe another question should be - Why didn't anyone intervene?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Romy AK-47 said:
Why didn't anyone intervene?
Maybe because neither themself nor a family member were in harm's way. That's how I'd play it.

Plus, how do you know the fat guy in the windbreaker wasn't a plainclothes officer?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, cops usually don't stand there playing hide~n~seek with the bad guy at a tree. The perp is usually face down, spread eagle. Had I been there I would have ran up and put two well placed .45 rounds to the base of the fat guy's skull. :mummy:

·
Registered
398 Posts
How many people would really get involved, un-armed against someone with a handgun, and basically when all you have is press there following yet another celebrity trial.

Hard for people going into and out of court, to be carrying, courts usually frown on that, permit or not., except for LEO's

It took what, < 1 minute to have this guy cuffed? Pretty fast solve rate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it all played out so nice and sterile huh? The old fart could have easily opened up on a few of the camera men, or, pulled another gun (larger caliber) and wasted the lawyer and anyone else standing there with their thumb up their butt.

Don't you see what has become of today's society? Some guy is playing "catch me if you can" behind a tree while some lune tries to fill him full of holes and everyone there simply watched or got their cameras ready of rthe "big" shot! Can you say SHEEPLE?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Everyone should be happy the old fart is probably the worlds worst shot.

Every state, large city has these same problems, Los Angeles just has the cameras rolling more. I would wager something like this has happened in your state too

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I don't know where the information on being hit twice came from. I watched the interview. The old fart did better than many people think he did. In fact, he did better than the national average for police shootings by a long shot. He had 5 shots to the arm according to his interview, and one to the neck that had NOT been removed. One or more maybe double (through hand and then though forearm or through forearm and the through upper arm sorts of deals) and the one to the neck (not necessarily not arm-related). The stuff on the face is apparently tree splinter sprapnel. I don't know how many shots actually were fired, but I would guess that at least 3-4 hit. Even from a 10 shot revolver (which I don't think it was), that gives him a 30-40% hit rate.

Fine? Um, not dead but recovering.

Romy, how do you know the lawyer was not allowed to carry concealed? All you know is that he was not carrying concealed. Do don't know why, I would guess, unless there was some new new conference on the event. You don't know if he applied for a CA license and was rejected or not. You don't know if he is anti-gun or not. You don't know if he is middle of the road and never considered buying a gun for defense but wasn't against them either.

So the guy has been out nearly a week, if you want to read more on it, you can do a search on the previous posts.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm not sure how much the concealed carry laws of the PRK really matter in this case, at least as far as the lawyer carrying is concerned. He had just come out of the courthouse, and I don't think ANY state allows anyone except LEOs to bring firearms into the courthouse, concealed or otherwise.

Now, if the powers that be in LA county weren't so communist about granting permits, maybe, just maybe, a bystander might have been carrying and tried to do something about it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Double Naught Spy said:
I don't know where the information on being hit twice came from.
Look at LA Times, or CNN or wherever... they all say 2 hits. Can you site one that says more?

And by fine, he's walking/talking, he's been released, no apparent long term affects, just a small sling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.