1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a 21 year military career and 5 years as a deputy and 3 years at the Federal level I have decided to leave law enforcement. Reasons are both professional and personal, however it can be summed up by saying lack of leadership and support. I will continue to be a legally armed citizen and carry my Springfield TRP. There are parts are I will miss but it is time to move on.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Wish you the best in what is down the road for you!

------------------
The defensive firearm is a special-purpose piece of safety rescue equipment, designed to extricate a person . . . from the immediate threat of savagely violent crime. It is like the fire extinguisher. . . . Neither piece of equipment will do you any good if you don't know how to use it or are not psychologically prepared to face danger with that gear in your trained hands in a terror situation.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Best wishes go with you lawdog.

I hate to see good officers leave LE but it happens for a variety of reasons. Too many times its the admin people that make life on the job insufferable.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
The Private side, Protection & Training sector is always looking for good, experienced people... If you care to do so...

Can't blame anyone, it's a tough profession, and the lack of support is a hard thing to swallow...

Kinda like Patrick's speech to the Cadet's, About all you can take with you is the Personal Satisfaction... No one can take that away from you...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Good luck in your future pursuits. A person with as much experience as you will be an asset to any employer who picks you up.

My brother put in his 30 and closed the door behind him. Works part-time now in non-LE sector, 3 days a week just to get out. Still carries his S&W Model 10.

My cousin put in 20 with NYPD, moved down to a little town in the Carolinas and stayed in LE with a 6 man department. Real low key, minimal stress. Everybody in town is real courteous to him....and to each other. He too carries his S&W Model 10.

Anyway, there's a lot of great opportunities out there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts