1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lee Vs. Redding Crimping Die

Does anyone have any strong feeling about one over the other? Is their any reason why one would be better than the other?

·
Registered
21,730 Posts
The Lee Carbide Factory Crimp not only taper crimps, it resizes the loaded round to iron out any bulges of oversized or canted bullets or thick or uneven brass. Best thing Lee makes and I would not be without one in every autoloader caliber. I'm sure the Redding is nicer quality but it can't do everything the Lee does.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
I like the Lee sizing feature just in case an oversize bullet might have one day coused me to screw up a stage in IDPA/IPSC competition. Very cheap insurance IMHO.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good advice! Just bought one of these dies for my Hornady LNL and it really works well. I am surprised, never been a fan of Lee products but this one definitely works.

John

·
Registered
54 Posts
Don't know about the Redding but I'm set up for five calibers om my Dillon 650 and every set up has the Lee factory die. It just takes the worry out of bulged cases not feeding.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Glad to see I'm in such august company. Every one of my Dillon 550 toolstands has a LFCD in it (in the fourth & final station).

Don't have a Redding, and probably won't get one (because I don't do alot of changing back & forth between different loads within the same caliber). I know one guy who has one, and he's very happy, though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the one thing that I am seeing that we all agree on is that you should use a seperate crimping die. How many of you feel that their is much of a difference between the Redding and the Lee? I mean, I have a Redding right now. Should I go out and buy a Lee? Is one better than the other?

------------------
100% NRA - Join today at www.mynra.com

·
Registered
602 Posts
For 45's, I use crimp (in a single stage) with a RCBS die. I had one, so I use it. I've got other crimp dies from Lee and they're very good. No complaints.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts