1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have killed this subject through out the year, but this has a little twist. First I need it for left hand, second I would like to have the inside of the holster in suede or other non-marring substance. I know I'm not suppose to say this on this forum but I use Galco in the past and I have been told that it is not allowed in the Brown Club. I have a few coming in any day now and I would like to get the proper equipment. The Galco was not the easiest on fine finishes. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
TD

·
Premium Member
20,434 Posts
It's kinda weird, but both lined holsters I've had wore the finish more than my well-fitted unlined ones. I think maybe the unlined ones just held them tight, while the pistol could wiggle around with the soft liners. Maybe the leather pros know?

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Try Alessi, Milt Sparks, and Davis. Avoid suede linings like The Plague. Suede will hold dirt, sand, and grit; acting like sandpaper.

I believeEd Brown sells the Alessi/Heinie DOJ, which is a superb belt concealment/range holster. I also like the Davis "Liberty" and the Burns/Alessi "ACP" OWB holsters.

For IWB holsters, the Burns/Alessi GWH and any of the Sparks IWB holsters are peerless.

·
Registered
42 Posts
TD,

I am left handed as well. I just placed an order on Friday for the Milt Sparks 55BN. Outside the belt for my Kobra Carry.

I have had my Kobra since Sept. and it has taken me this long to make up my mind on the right holster (I HOPE). It actually took me longer to pick a holster than it did my 1911!!!

Sparks' seemed to have a price point that was not too over the top. It looks like quality work, at least from what I can see over the web site. They tell me I will have the finished product in about eight to 10 weeks.

Good luck on your search. larry c.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy Crap ljc its taking them as long to build your holster as it did to build the Browns! :biglaugh: I guess anything with quality takes time. Thanks for your suggestions, keep them coming. with all of the Browns out there I'm sure there should be a few more suggestions.

Thanks,
TD

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Tucker Gunleather!
See my post in " Holsters and acc" labeled "It doesn't get better than this".
The absolute BEST!:D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you!

t-tac:
I ordered a holster from Tucker Leather. Rob and Tucker were very helpful! They did a custom job for me. I will let you know when I get it and how I like it. Thanks also to AZ Husker who recommended them as well!

Thanks again to everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts