1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend of mine who is new to concealed carry has made the unfortunate choice to follow Lenny Magill's website and videos. One of LM's foolishness is carrying a Glock, and any gun without a manual safety, in Condition 3 - loaded magazine without a round in the chamber. My friend is going to start carrying a Ruger LCP2 (first mistake IMHO because it's a .380), and now he's told me he'll be carrying without a round in the chamber because LM said it was the best way to carry a gun without a manual safety. I couldn't talk him out of it, so he's on his own.

What do you call a gun with an empty chamber? Useless.

For those interested in LM concealed carry silliness, the video is here.

Personally, I didn't realize LM was still around, and people were listening to him. Most of us discounted him back in the early 1990s when he would walk around the SHOT show with his very attractive wife all tarted up in super short dresses.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I get why Lenny made this, he sells Glocks...period.
He said it himself, it’s for those who are concerned about condition one with a Glock. His only answer for those concerned is condition three, he has no alternative. If he was being totally honest, he’d tell his clients they need not worry about condition one.
I rarely carry a Glock 36 but do carry in condition one when I do. I also carry a S&W Shield in the summer months when my commander is just to big. I also carry in condition one, safety on. I’m so used to swiping down the safety, it’s no big deal if it’s not there (Glock).

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess Lenny completely disregards the millions of LEOs (uniform and plain clothes) carrying Glocks with a round in the chamber.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I guess Lenny completely disregards the millions of LEOs (uniform and plain clothes) carrying Glocks with a round in the chamber.
My point exactly.
How do you think a PO would advise someone that is uncomfortable with carrying condition one? They would probably say “then don’t do it”, especially if they had an FFl and sold Glocks exclusively as a side gig.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
I get emails from the Glock Store every now and then. I always found it odd that he operated a mail order business for Glocks out in the People's Republik of Kalifornia selling things to the rest of the free USA.... for things he could not sell in the People's Republik. I used to buy magazines from him way back... 6-7 years ago.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
You didn't realize he was still around? He makes 2-3 YouTube videos each week.

I would say not having a round in the chamber is far better than having no gun on your person if the sh*t hit the fans

Reactions: jr24

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You didn't realize he was still around? He makes 2-3 YouTube videos each week.

I would say not having a round in the chamber is far better than having no gun on your person if the sh*t hit the fans
I guess the better comment would have been that I can't believe he's still around. He's been a known knucklehead for decades.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I guess the better comment would have been that I can't believe he's still around. He's been a known knucklehead for decades.
Maybe so but he’s a very successful knucklehead.
Have you seen his new operation outside of Nashville? I saw a video on it a month or so ago.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I get emails from the Glock Store every now and then. I always found it odd that he operated a mail order business for Glocks out in the People's Republik of Kalifornia selling things to the rest of the free USA.... for things he could not sell in the People's Republik. I used to buy magazines from him way back... 6-7 years ago.
Believe it or not California used to be a great place to live.
The Glock Store is in San Diego. Ever been there? Nice year round weather.
That said, I’ve lived here for 58 of my 62 years. There are pockets within the state that are quite conservative. Heard of Kevin McCarthy? I live in his district. Remember Ronald Reagan? He was from California. THINGS ARE A CHANGIN’ RAPIDLY!
That said X2, Looks like we’re moving back to Wyoming, the missing four years.
If it wasn’t for the weather, I firmly believe the politics alone would push out 75% of the population. Heck the liberals are even leaving California. Why do you think nearby states are now purple and blue?

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Believe it or not California used to be a great place to live.
The Glock Store is in San Diego. Ever been there? Nice year round weather.
That said, I’ve lived here for 58 of my 62 years. There are pockets within the state that are quite conservative. Heard of Kevin McCarthy? I live in his district. Remember Ronald Reagan? He was from California. THINGS ARE A CHANGIN’ RAPIDLY!
That said X2, Looks like we’re moving back to Wyoming, the missing four years.
If it wasn’t for the weather, I firmly believe the politics alone would push out 75% of the population. Heck the liberals are even leaving California. Why do you think nearby states are now purple and blue?
Been to California many times in the past for work as an engineer to visit vendors, trade shows, and symposiums. Been to LA, Anaheim, Malibu, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe (Both on the Nevada side and California side.) Absolutely beautiful geography from the beaches, to the mountains and high dessert. Don't worry, the leftists will suck all the beauty out, trash it, ruin it, mismanage it and leave it looking like a burnt out apocalyptic landscape.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
PolymerMan said:
Don't worry, the leftists will suck all the beauty out, trash it, ruin it,
mismanage it and leave it looking like a burnt out apocalyptic landscape.
Isn't that what they did this last Summer? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Never understood why Glock calls it a "safe trigger". Not exactly truth in advertising.
Because there is a tony little safety that needs to be engaged in the middle of the trigger. Who inadvertently pulls a trigger anyway?

You guys are just silly haters sometimes

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Isn't that what they did this last Summer? :rolleyes:
... oh but there's more to come, they continue to allow suburban sprawl out into the old growth forests, then fail to manage the combustible biomass that accumulates on the ground because the suburbanites don't want controlled burns in their neighborhoods until its too late. Then of course they blame the petroleum industry for carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Never understood why Glock calls it a "safe trigger". Not exactly truth in advertising.
Exactly! Which is why, after about 6 years of carrying a GLOCK, I'm transitioning back to the XD line with the grip safety. Heck, I'm even considering carrying my 1911! 😱

1 - 20 of 52 Posts