1911Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
It sounds like Lenny M. has a cultish hold on your impressionable friend. Tell him to get a second opinion.
Have him come here and talk to some experts that aren't trying to sell anything either.

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Not a thing actually. I kind of question the guys who do that to their wives in public, but the show is ok!
I didn't notice a woman in the video, but I find the dudes that feel the need to post videos of their scantily clad, B-squad wives are genuinely insecure and lack self-esteem. They usually drive monster trucks or ridiculous-horsepower sports cars, and buy their kids expensive toys rather than instilling values. There's a Butter-faced B-squad'r on YouTube called "Farm Girl" who does nothing but show off her (uncommonly-fit-for-her-age) body by shooting her hubby's gun collection, or performing other completely random, inane tasks that no one would give a rats ass about, save for she's wearing a bikini or Daisy Dukes with her T's & A's hanging out. Hubby (who calls himself "Exoman") reads poetry to background music (he actually may suffer from an over-abundance of self-esteem. LOL). The first couple vids were fun to watch, but then you just see how pathetic it really is.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I didn't notice a woman in the video, but I find the dudes that feel the need to post videos of their scantily clad, B-squad wives are genuinely insecure and lack self-esteem. They usually drive monster trucks or ridiculous-horsepower sports cars, and buy their kids expensive toys rather than instilling values. There's a Butter-faced B-squad'r on YouTube called "Farm Girl" who does nothing but show off her (uncommonly-fit-for-her-age) body by shooting her hubby's gun collection, or performing other completely random, inane tasks that no one would give a rats ass about, save for she's wearing a bikini or Daisy Dukes with her T's & A's hanging out. Hubby (who calls himself "Exoman") reads poetry to background music (he actually may suffer from an over-abundance of self-esteem. LOL). The first couple vids were fun to watch, but then you just see how pathetic it really is.
Same here. I consider her husband to be basically a pimp, and her to be a pathetic attention-seeker. If you need to show off what's below the neck, there often isn't much going on above it.....

·
Registered
381 Posts
Because there is a tony little safety that needs to be engaged in the middle of the trigger. Who inadvertently pulls a trigger anyway?

You guys are just silly haters sometimes
You do know it was placed there to prevent the trigger from depressing due to momentum sufficiently to fire the weapon-if it was dropped and landed on the back of the slide-correct?
(I assume you are being tongue in cheek.)

As for "Safe Action" well, it sounds better than "Glock leg.":)

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Because there is a tony little safety that needs to be engaged in the middle of the trigger. Who inadvertently pulls a trigger anyway?

You guys are just silly haters sometimes
Seems to me anything that accidentally depresses the trigger is going to also depress that little safety in the middle of the trigger. Besides, that little safe trigger makes my finger sore after the second magazine, Regrettably sold my Model 23 years ago because of that.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Glocks? Hey, I resemble that remark. I just got a G43 for deep ccw. I normally ccw my PT111 G2. I like it. It has a manual lock which got extremely bashed. I’ve always wanted a 1911 and finally found one I could afford, a.g., afford and live with my wife’s approval. 🤣. Of course my ammo was way too expensive. It’s finally due to come in today. I ordered an IWB holster with an extra mag holder to start. Just ordered defense ammo today. Way too expensive.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Seems to me anything that accidentally depresses the trigger is going to also depress that little safety in the middle of the trigger. Besides, that little safe trigger makes my finger sore after the second magazine, Regrettably sold my Model 23 years ago because of that.
I'm fairly certain it was added to prevent drop firing, as AZGuy mentioned; here's a video showing a (admittedly unscientific, but still informative) selection of striker-fired pistols getting hammered on, and the ones with the trigger safety (small samples of one each) all seem to pass, while some others without do not. Again, not science, but interesting.

Larry

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the post. Just chiming in so this thread has an outside view for people like me who Googled Lenny. More often than not people give off a know-it-all vibe and act pretty high and mighty when they speak to newbies so we naturally gravitate toward caring and knowledgeable people.... which Lenny appears to exude.

If your friend last year was new to conceal carry Id be interested if his stance changed and he moved on from following Lenny or does he still do so today. If the later is true, it points to Lenny being a caring guy perhaps different than however you remember him. (sorta like how Robert Downey Jr used to be a dueshbag and now is this lovable caring considerate human as he is older.) If you tell me no your friend no longer follows Lenny Id be interested to learn why that is so I can be better informed.

As a newbie, It's very difficult to find plain spoken instructions without a person sounding condescending with such great attention to detail. Lenny has just been fantastic.

This was a great video for me here
as well as this for a new purchase here
many more....

and even the video link you had shared on conceal carry I had previously watched and it helped me. I am currently not comfortable holding a round in the chamber (and you shouldnt want me to ) but I really want to one day; so it was helpful to be advised to do it in certain moments until Im comfortable after practice. Also the idea of carrying it under the arm for certain moments was good to hear. Dummy rounds? I didnt know about them and he described them in detail. Plastic clips, technique, etc all these things you know in length and may assume I should know I still need to be first told by someone somewhere. I do not know all these things and he includes all those details in his videos despite him being familiar with firearms. He assumes (correctly) some of us dont know anything and it helps so much because he doesnt miss anything. Ive seen other videos where people attempt to describe the same things and there is often no comparison. Even the speed in which he handles each step is so much better for me.

The confidence you yourself may have today or even the confidence I may have in a few months may seem light years away from where I am now but this is where I am now.

I've watched a lot of videos and he has stood out so far as the best for me to digest data. This of course will likely change as I learn more but right no he is explaining things better than anyone else thus far from a beginners view. I have paid for private lessons and my instructor watched these videos to confirm the accuracy and only had good feedback. You may not be able to stand his videos because he repeats so many basic things in them. But that's partly why they are so helpful to us newbies.

The cool guy image he might have had in the past isnt projecting to me today in the video's he is making. I've seen the funny clips from years ago so I can catch the vibe of why there would be haters. But whoever this man is today; he isnt giving that vibe off.

Honestly, no one has been more helpful on YouTube thus far and I've watched a lot of videos. I'm also not the only one who feels this way as a beginner.... if you want to direct us to someone better for newbies Id love to look it over. To see a post referencing him as someone people shouldnt listen to while many newbies like him more than anyone else is something I'd love to learn or see an example of why we are all wrong to look to Lenny for wisdom at our starter stage with glocks. Or conversely, hearing a newbies point of view (vantage point of a child) may be helpful as an explanation of why we watch him.

A friend of mine who is new to concealed carry has made the unfortunate choice to follow Lenny McGill's website and videos. One of LM's foolishness is carrying a Glock, and any gun without a manual safety, in Condition 3 - loaded magazine without a round in the chamber. My friend is going to start carrying a Ruger LCP2 (first mistake IMHO because it's a .380), and now he's told me he'll be carrying without a round in the chamber because LM said it was the best way to carry a gun without a manual safety. I couldn't talk him out of it, so he's on his own.

What do you call a gun with an empty chamber? Useless.

For those interested in LM concealed carry silliness, the video is here.

Personally, I didn't realize LM was still around, and people were listening to him. Most of us discounted him back in the early 1990s when he would walk around the SHOT show with his very attractive wife all tarted up in super short dresses.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
. . . Absolutely beautiful geography from the beaches, to the mountains and high dessert. Don't worry, the leftists will suck all the beauty out, trash it, ruin it, mismanage it and leave it looking like a burnt out apocalyptic landscape.
. . . and then blame Trump!

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Figured a thread about Magill's wife and Glocks could use pics of the subject matter..

I figured most everyone had a Glock or two. Perhaps not.

Footwear Smile Car Shoe Tire

Smile Outerwear Black Coat Fashion design

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
You guys hate everyone.

I love Lenny ;)

Reactions: midan

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
They both look weird.

There ya go.....no Lenny & no Glocks.

Happy ???

You guys hate everyone.

I love Lenny ;)

It does seem to be that way at times. Some folks are beyond just stuck in their ways.....they are just stuck.

They probably hate on Colion Noir but are fans of The Yankee Marshall on YouTube......

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thanks for the post. Just chiming in so this thread has an outside view for people like me who Googled Lenny. More often than not people give off a know-it-all vibe and act pretty high and mighty when they speak to newbies so we naturally gravitate toward caring and knowledgeable people.... which Lenny appears to exude.

If your friend last year was new to conceal carry Id be interested if his stance changed and he moved on from following Lenny or does he still do so today. If the later is true, it points to Lenny being a caring guy perhaps different than however you remember him. (sorta like how Robert Downey Jr used to be a dueshbag and now is this lovable caring considerate human as he is older.) If you tell me no your friend no longer follows Lenny Id be interested to learn why that is so I can be better informed.

As a newbie, It's very difficult to find plain spoken instructions without a person sounding condescending with such great attention to detail. Lenny has just been fantastic.

This was a great video for me here
as well as this for a new purchase here
many more....

and even the video link you had shared on conceal carry I had previously watched and it helped me. I am currently not comfortable holding a round in the chamber (and you shouldnt want me to ) but I really want to one day; so it was helpful to be advised to do it in certain moments until Im comfortable after practice. Also the idea of carrying it under the arm for certain moments was good to hear. Dummy rounds? I didnt know about them and he described them in detail. Plastic clips, technique, etc all these things you know in length and may assume I should know I still need to be first told by someone somewhere. I do not know all these things and he includes all those details in his videos despite him being familiar with firearms. He assumes (correctly) some of us dont know anything and it helps so much because he doesnt miss anything. Ive seen other videos where people attempt to describe the same things and there is often no comparison. Even the speed in which he handles each step is so much better for me.

The confidence you yourself may have today or even the confidence I may have in a few months may seem light years away from where I am now but this is where I am now.

I've watched a lot of videos and he has stood out so far as the best for me to digest data. This of course will likely change as I learn more but right no he is explaining things better than anyone else thus far from a beginners view. I have paid for private lessons and my instructor watched these videos to confirm the accuracy and only had good feedback. You may not be able to stand his videos because he repeats so many basic things in them. But that's partly why they are so helpful to us newbies.

The cool guy image he might have had in the past isnt projecting to me today in the video's he is making. I've seen the funny clips from years ago so I can catch the vibe of why there would be haters. But whoever this man is today; he isnt giving that vibe off.

Honestly, no one has been more helpful on YouTube thus far and I've watched a lot of videos. I'm also not the only one who feels this way as a beginner.... if you want to direct us to someone better for newbies Id love to look it over. To see a post referencing him as someone people shouldnt listen to while many newbies like him more than anyone else is something I'd love to learn or see an example of why we are all wrong to look to Lenny for wisdom at our starter stage with glocks. Or conversely, hearing a newbies point of view (vantage point of a child) may be helpful as an explanation of why we watch him.
You do what you want. Since you check out YouTube videos for information (I do as well), you would be well to spend time checking out the videos of Active Self Protection. John does an "OK" job with his insights but some of them do need to be taken with a grain of salt. But the videos of people in self defense situations are extremely helpful.

The thing about carry a gun with an empty chamber is this. That gun is useless until you chamber a round. How do you propose to do that while a bad guy has hold of one of your arms, or has somehow otherwise disabled your off arm? That's not rhetorical, as you'll find plenty of evidence of those situations.

Like I said, you do you and I'll do me. But don't kid yourself that you're armed when carrying a gun with an empty chamber. You're just carrying a couple of pounds of steel (and probably plastic) that can't be immediately brought into the fight.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
My big hassle with an empty chamber carry is that you need both hands in order to bring your weapon into play and it is always possible your off hand will be doing something else really important at the time.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
You do what you want. Since you check out YouTube videos for information (I do as well), you would be well to spend time checking out the videos of Active Self Protection. John does an "OK" job with his insights but some of them do need to be taken with a grain of salt. But the videos of people in self defense situations are extremely helpful.

The thing about carry a gun with an empty chamber is this. That gun is useless until you chamber a round. How do you propose to do that while a bad guy has hold of one of your arms, or has somehow otherwise disabled your off arm? That's not rhetorical, as you'll find plenty of evidence of those situations.

Like I said, you do you and I'll do me. But don't kid yourself that you're armed when carrying a gun with an empty chamber. You're just carrying a couple of pounds of steel (and probably plastic) that can't be immediately brought into the fight.

Total agreement.

An empty gun is not a weapon.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,568 Posts
"I rarely carry a Glock 36 but do carry in condition one when I do. "

Unless you've customized your gun with a manual safety, there is no condition one, or condition two, for a Glock; condition three, chamber empty; or condition zero, loaded chamber.

• Haha
Reactions: DubfromGa

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
"I rarely carry a Glock 36 but do carry in condition one when I do. "

Unless you've customized your gun with a manual safety, there is no condition one, or condition two, for a Glock; condition three, chamber empty; or condition zero, loaded chamber.
And by "Condition zero", you mean loaded chamber, safety off, right? I guess Glock folks would complain, since the safety is technically "on" if you (or something) isn't pressing the trigger. But that's kind of the issue with safety on guns of that design.

·
Premium Member
2,095 Posts
Who the heck is Lenny McGill? and why is he relevant?

Reactions: Slohunter
21 - 40 of 52 Posts