1911Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
It sounds like Lenny M. has a cultish hold on your impressionable friend. Tell him to get a second opinion.
Have him come here and talk to some experts that aren't trying to sell anything either.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Not a thing actually. I kind of question the guys who do that to their wives in public, but the show is ok!
I didn't notice a woman in the video, but I find the dudes that feel the need to post videos of their scantily clad, B-squad wives are genuinely insecure and lack self-esteem. They usually drive monster trucks or ridiculous-horsepower sports cars, and buy their kids expensive toys rather than instilling values. There's a Butter-faced B-squad'r on YouTube called "Farm Girl" who does nothing but show off her (uncommonly-fit-for-her-age) body by shooting her hubby's gun collection, or performing other completely random, inane tasks that no one would give a rats ass about, save for she's wearing a bikini or Daisy Dukes with her T's & A's hanging out. Hubby (who calls himself "Exoman") reads poetry to background music (he actually may suffer from an over-abundance of self-esteem. LOL). The first couple vids were fun to watch, but then you just see how pathetic it really is.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
I didn't notice a woman in the video, but I find the dudes that feel the need to post videos of their scantily clad, B-squad wives are genuinely insecure and lack self-esteem. They usually drive monster trucks or ridiculous-horsepower sports cars, and buy their kids expensive toys rather than instilling values. There's a Butter-faced B-squad'r on YouTube called "Farm Girl" who does nothing but show off her (uncommonly-fit-for-her-age) body by shooting her hubby's gun collection, or performing other completely random, inane tasks that no one would give a rats ass about, save for she's wearing a bikini or Daisy Dukes with her T's & A's hanging out. Hubby (who calls himself "Exoman") reads poetry to background music (he actually may suffer from an over-abundance of self-esteem. LOL). The first couple vids were fun to watch, but then you just see how pathetic it really is.
Same here. I consider her husband to be basically a pimp, and her to be a pathetic attention-seeker. If you need to show off what's below the neck, there often isn't much going on above it.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
Because there is a tony little safety that needs to be engaged in the middle of the trigger. Who inadvertently pulls a trigger anyway?

You guys are just silly haters sometimes
You do know it was placed there to prevent the trigger from depressing due to momentum sufficiently to fire the weapon-if it was dropped and landed on the back of the slide-correct?
(I assume you are being tongue in cheek.)

As for "Safe Action" well, it sounds better than "Glock leg.":)

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Because there is a tony little safety that needs to be engaged in the middle of the trigger. Who inadvertently pulls a trigger anyway?

You guys are just silly haters sometimes
Seems to me anything that accidentally depresses the trigger is going to also depress that little safety in the middle of the trigger. Besides, that little safe trigger makes my finger sore after the second magazine, Regrettably sold my Model 23 years ago because of that.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Glocks? Hey, I resemble that remark. I just got a G43 for deep ccw. I normally ccw my PT111 G2. I like it. It has a manual lock which got extremely bashed. I’ve always wanted a 1911 and finally found one I could afford, a.g., afford and live with my wife’s approval. 🤣. Of course my ammo was way too expensive. It’s finally due to come in today. I ordered an IWB holster with an extra mag holder to start. Just ordered defense ammo today. Way too expensive.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Seems to me anything that accidentally depresses the trigger is going to also depress that little safety in the middle of the trigger. Besides, that little safe trigger makes my finger sore after the second magazine, Regrettably sold my Model 23 years ago because of that.
I'm fairly certain it was added to prevent drop firing, as AZGuy mentioned; here's a video showing a (admittedly unscientific, but still informative) selection of striker-fired pistols getting hammered on, and the ones with the trigger safety (small samples of one each) all seem to pass, while some others without do not. Again, not science, but interesting.

Larry

21 - 27 of 27 Posts