1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are not aware Sig Sauer offers a discount to individuals in law enforcement or active military. The offer is only valid threw certain distributors that Sig Sauer lists on their site. I'm sure you can find the information I'm referring to if you navigate around their site a little.

I wanted to offer a warning to any one wanting to use this discount.
I went to one of the distributors here in Florida(gander mountain)and they had no way for me to activate this offer. They had no forms or information regarding what steps to take or basically any ideal how to make good on the offer. Evidently since 2013 they have had no way to honor the offer.

This was of course after I called a head to see if I could fax information to them or really just any way I could use this offer without the 4 hour drive to the location. I was informed that I would have to come to them and fill out forms. I understood this, it's a good discount for a good product, I gladly drove the distance. As I said they could do nothing to help me.

I called Sig Sauer, who wanted to give me the email of the Manager of the Gander Mounting. Not sure how this would help any thing I asked a few more questions to try and figure out the what, how and why of the issue. The operate had no answers and started to get a TONE. At the point I decided Sig Sauer was uninterested in my money and I was equally uninterested in them getting any of it.

Long story short, if you qualify for this offer and wish to take advantage of it the first thing you should do is check the distributor locations. Than call Sig Sauer and get the email address of the Manager/owner of the location. Email that individual and find out if any one has used this offer at their location in 2013. If no one has purchased an item in 2013 with this discount at that location, save yourself a long fruitless drive.

Has anyone else run into something like this? Was this just a blue moon unlucky circumstance?

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
Sorry that you had that experience, but aside from any lack of professionalism on the part of the Sig rep, I'd have to place the blame on your local Gander Mountain. I and several of my coworkers have had nothing but easy experiences with my regional LE distributor.

Gander Mountain is a big enough company that if they have known about this issue for years or have previously lost even one LE customer I'd expect they could email Sig's VP of LE sales and get it squared away nationwide in less than 24 hours. My guess is your store manager has not brought the issue to the attention of his regional VP or their superior.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I recently used this feature and found an LEO distributor in Cali. I ordered a P938 in a manner of minutes and was given a 45 day turnaround timeline with only a small deposit. I found it to be an exceptional experience compared to others that I have had. Good luck. Jeff

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've ordered a couple from Sig using this program (IOP) without issue. The east coast rep in my area is easy to deal with and is on top of every request/ email I send. I have two dealers in the area I can order though, both have been painless. I think Gander Mountain is your problem. Contact the Sig rep that covers your area and they can get you straight with the right dealer. Gander Mountain, because of it's size may not be your best choice. The Sig rep should easily get them straight or send you to another dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a Nightmare using the IOP program. I saw a LGS advertising on their FB page. I called and confirmed with them before I went down and a week later I picked it up after the NICS check. The Best part was they even discounted the SIG price saying that since they had it in stock they didn't have to charge me shipping. The Bottom Line was 883 plus tax. Since then I have called 3 other stores and none of them even knew about the program and didn't seem to care. The problem that I ran into was as I was leaving they wouldn't sell me ammo and stated it was for customers to buy and use at their indoor range. I'm not a member and their range time is expensive. My delema is do I shop at another store that will sell ammo to go or keep shopping at a store that I'm not happy with to get a discount?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Since you are in FL check with Florida Bullet, I believe they are a FL LE Sig distributor. I think they are in Clearwater.

·
Premium Member
2,530 Posts
I bought a Nightmare using the IOP program. I saw a LGS advertising on their FB page. I called and confirmed with them before I went down and a week later I picked it up after the NICS check. The Best part was they even discounted the SIG price saying that since they had it in stock they didn't have to charge me shipping. The Bottom Line was 883 plus tax. Since then I have called 3 other stores and none of them even knew about the program and didn't seem to care. The problem that I ran into was as I was leaving they wouldn't sell me ammo and stated it was for customers to buy and use at their indoor range. I'm not a member and their range time is expensive. My delema is do I shop at another store that will sell ammo to go or keep shopping at a store that I'm not happy with to get a discount?
First, that's an excellent price so I'd keep buying there and buy your ammo elsewhere. As you're in NJ your ammo choices are pretty limited and I've never heard of a gun shop that wouldn't sell a customer ammo. Depending on how far you are from PA it might be worth a trip to a gun show or even a Walmart.

·
Registered
55 Posts
LEO/Mil Dealer in Florida

I have used:

Lou's Police Distributors
7815 W 4th Ave
Hialeah, FL 33014
Ph: 305-416-0000
Fax: 305-824-9205

POC via email has been Ana at sales @louspolice.com

Great service, but limited stock - at least for what I wanted. Ana emailed me when the model I was looking for came in. Now awaiting a M11-A1 and a Ultra to show.

If you have Exchange privileges in the Tampa area, take a look in the Exchange.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am wondering if there is anyone in Missouri who has purchased through this Sig program and where did you purchase from and your experiences with them. Thanks.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks Jim. I have sent e-mails and am waiting for a response. 4 hours from them but would be worth the trip if they have what I want. Thanks again.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So I got an email from the place in Missouri. Going to call them so I can talk with them. They stated that it would take 120 days to get pistol. I dont get that, but who am I . Will see what happens with this. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
if SiG isn't making your pistol then they don't know how long until they do (usually)...this is what happened when I tried to get a Blackwater 1911 from them...after waiting more than double the time I was quoted, in frustration I cancelled my order...within a couple weeks they were shipping and I lost out...Blackwater also went away 'round that time...anyway...good luck with your dealings...best when they have the pistol you want in stock...

Bill

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a traditional compact on order through the program. The quote for 120 days has been steady since December (I ordered in February). I missed out placing the order earlier due to procrastination. I hope to have it by end of summer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well I got another e-mail back from the sig dealer and he did not have any of the pistols in stock that I would want. Thats ok, I understand that there is a huge cost in stocking pistols. Will see what happens.

·
Registered
757 Posts
The west cost regional le sales director is awesome. Ran into a similar problem, he resolved it and sent me a holster, an extra mag, and new grips for free. I will always be a sig customer. I am sorry you had a bad experience please give them a chance. I love my 226ed and now want an rcs...

·
Registered
33 Posts
How big of a discount is this? I called them looking to see if they did this when I bought my 238 a year ago and the girl I talked to said no. I've been thinking about buying a 229 and if the 1911s in 357sig ever become avail, I plan to buy one of them.

Never mind. I looked at the link.

Is this a fairly new program?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
How big of a discount is this? I called them looking to see if they did this when I bought my 238 a year ago and the girl I talked to said no. I've been thinking about buying a 229 and if the 1911s in 357sig ever become avail, I plan to buy one of them.

Never mind. I looked at the link.

Is this a fairly new program?
A good Sig retailer will meet or beat the LEO "discount price" for all comers.

A crappy LGS in town marks up all their guns for the general public then sells them for the "LEO" price if you qualify (which is the same what good internet and large retailers go for).

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you're using the IOP, and I have used it for (4) different Sigs, the rules sometimes change from year to year. They used to allow retired LE then they eliminated that option ( natch now I'm retired), but I think that had to do with sales and they're doing very well right now.

Second only certain models are available through the IOP, not a problem because they had what I wanted, but you can't just walk in and buy one, I think the poster was using a different program option and not the IOP. For the IOP you have to have your department head sign the form on department letterhead among several proofs as well as the order takes 8 weeks to await a production run if none are in stock.

As others have said, you need to contact your Sig Area Rep and have him e-mail you the current IOP. I'm referring to the 2011 IOP for this post. All I know is that the firearm is shipped to your agency when the order is filled ( 8 weeks ) so you can't just show up at a store and buy one off the shelf, it's ordered from the factory.

At least for me the discount for one of my purchases was almost 30% off MSRP, I have had excellent service from CS when required and my Sig rep was always helpful. The LE pricing is a different program when it goes through an FFL (i.e. Gander Mnt.) and is not as good as the IOP. If you qualify for IOP you must be an Active LE officer, I think the poster was confused with the program he was looking for, and I think Gander didn't want to sell something in stock for a discount when they can get whatever they ask in the current market ( IMO only).

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Wow, I am going to contact Sig directly I am in public safety also a former combat military member, combat disable active. I went to Gats Gun in Dundee, Illinois purchased the Sig Scorpion 4 inch barrel, asked about LEO/Public Safety, Military and honestly they said "NO!" So I will need to contact Sig and inquire directly, I put down 60% of the asking price, but now that I know this, well, I hope that Sigs does something... Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts