1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fortunate to be able to follow CNN most of the day to the tragedy unfolding in the eastern US. My heart is heavy thinking about all of the innocent victims in all of this and the huge task ahead for the emergency services personnel.

I couldn't help but think, when I saw the first tower collapsing, how many fellow brothers (and sisters) were in jeopardy on the ground in in the area. I will be praying for them, their families and all of the victims tonight.

Stay Safe, all! NAA, an LEO in Canada.
--------------------------------------------
1911: Best damn "Government" in the World!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just heard on CNN that NY City Police are saying that 78 of their officers are missing tonight. I have tears in my eyes as I write this... today, the meaning of true evil has been defined. I pray for all the victims and their families! NAA.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Don't forget the firefighters, EMS, and who knows how many other misc. city workers that lost their lives attempting to help.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Last report I heard from CNN was 78 NYPD missing and 200+ Firefighters killed.
I'll be praying for all our killed brothers and sisters and their families.

Now it's time for our armed forces to avenge their deaths. bin Laden needs to pay along with any country that tries to protect him and his band of ass holes.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should clarify my original post. I did have all emergency services (including firefighters and paramedics)in mind when I posted... I just didn't articulate it that well. My heart goes out to all the men and women whose life business is in the protection of other's lives. I'll pray for ALL of them and their families tonight.

Stay Safe all! NAA in Canada
--------------------------------------------
1911: Best damn "Government" in the World!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still following CNN... I am very encouraged to hear that missing emergency serivices personnel are being rescued from the rubble in NYC. Hopefully crews will find scores more of them and civilians in there...

Stay Safe - regards, NAA.

------------------
Colt 1911: Best damn "Government" in the World!

·
In Memoriam
683 Posts
You don't have to wear a badge to be heartsick about this.

I'm thankful for the officers, EMTs, and firefighters who were found alive, and I'm saddened about the ones who died. I mourn their deaths, but at the same time; Damn! I'm proud of them. These fine men and women died doing a job they love, answering a duty they felt to help others. I'm certain that these people are patrolling the street of heaven at this time.

Also, at the same time, I'm mad as hell! No, I don't just want to go kill someone to make me feel better, but we've been attacked, and the best defense is a violently explosive counter-attack. The only appropriate response to violence is overwhelming violence. I agree, let's go after the right people, the ones who caused this, and when we find them, we need to attack them with enthusiasm. It's time to get their minds right.

------------------
Roger Shambaugh
Ottawa, Kansas

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I had stopped by the AR15.com forum earlier, and it appears that one of their member's may be a NY LEO, and is currently MIA.

I am hoping that he is just busy with the Rescue/Recovery effort's, and not "Buried" in his work.

Time will tell, but everyone should keep these brave men & women in their prayers...

The thought of these Professional's Running Up the stairs as people were evacuating does give me a bad feeling that many of these guys may have been caught in the collapse.

One story that came out earlier was of the NY Port Authority Officer who "Rode the Tower" down from the 84th floor, and was found and rescued, some injuries, but still alive...

Simply a LUCKY individual... Definately not a ride I would EVER want to experience... Almost 900 feet up, and coming down amidst the debris, and rubble, though probably a much softer landing than if he'd gone out a window like others trying to escape the fire.

I am sure there will be some incredible stories as this begins to sort itself out... I sincerely hope they manage to pull many more survivor's out of the remains of the destruction and that the organization's of COWARDS who perpetrated this travesty are SEVERLY PUNISHED!

Definately, a Dark Day for one of the largest EMS organizations in the Nation. Our Prayers are with them, and their families!

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Good news... It seems that NYShooter from the AR forum has checked in, he's safe, just busy with the rescue efforts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts