1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just received the Les Baer frame from my FFL dealer today and was doing some deburring and trial fitting of parts. When I put the disconnector in the frame and inserted the pin, I noticed that the disconnector wasn't sticking out of the top of the frame very far when I pushed it all the way up and it made contact with the pin. I broke out my calipers and started to measure hole locations. All of the pin holes seem to be located about 0.020" farther down from the top of the slide than my Sprinfield and Sistema :eek: . I don't have a slide fitted yet and I may be panicing for nothing, but this seems like WAY too much of a difference to be acceptable. I am afraid that the disconnector won't be pushed down far enough to disengage the sear from the trigger and the gun will go into full auto mode. Have any of you ran into this problem before?? What other problems could this cause?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
3jaw said:
Hello,

I just received the Les Baer frame from my FFL dealer today and was doing some deburring and trial fitting of parts. When I put the disconnector in the frame and inserted the pin, I noticed that the disconnector wasn't sticking out of the top of the frame very far when I pushed it all the way up and it made contact with the pin. I broke out my calipers and started to measure hole locations. All of the pin holes seem to be located about 0.020" farther down from the top of the slide than my Sprinfield and Sistema :eek: . I don't have a slide fitted yet and I may be panicing for nothing, but this seems like WAY too much of a difference to be acceptable. I am afraid that the disconnector won't be pushed down far enough to disengage the sear from the trigger and the gun will go into full auto mode. Have any of you ran into this problem before?? What other problems could this cause?

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Hi Greg, I hate to see you left hanging. Not sure what the problem is but I wouldn't use the Springer or systema as a reference. Also, how are you measuring? Are you using a gauge pin and a ht gauge?

Anyway, call Les or try the gunsmith forum. The gunsmiths on the forum are good guys and like to be helpful.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mr. White.

I actually did call Les Baer and he assured me that the holes were in the right location. I hope he's right because I have since found another problem. The bottom of the magazine slot isn't cut deep enough for the mag release to fully engage and lock the magazine in place. I am going to have to set it up in a milling machine and deepen the slot at the bottom front of the magazine slot.

How could I get this post moved to the gunsmithing forum or will I have to repost?

Thank you for your response!

Greg

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
3jaw said:
Thanks Mr. White.

I actually did call Les Baer and he assured me that the holes were in the right location. I hope he's right because I have since found another problem. The bottom of the magazine slot isn't cut deep enough for the mag release to fully engage and lock the magazine in place. I am going to have to set it up in a milling machine and deepen the slot at the bottom front of the magazine slot.

How could I get this post moved to the gunsmithing forum or will I have to repost?

Thank you for your response!

Greg

Hi again Greg, the mods don't like double posting. If you do post this question again be as specific as possible as to not sound like you are double posting.

Also, Bob Brown hangs out over at the Gun Smith forum and is one of the more senior level guys. He is one of the go to guy's for starters.

good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.