1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
i have this mark23 socom sitting in my vault collecting dust that i never shoot. i'm considering selling it and purchasing a les baer 1911 "srp". any input? should i get rid of the socom or hold on to it and say the heck with the les baer?

i figure you guys here will tell it how it is.

vincent kane
s/f
out

·
Banned
26 Posts
I've shot the H&K and also shot against them in matches. They don't hold a candle to a Les Baer. Sell it, get a Baer gun, you'll never regret it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Of course this is a personal preference thing but I would get a Baer and never look back! I had a HK (not a socom) and liked it but preferred the 1911 over it hands down! I also have and still own many custom 1911's and the Baer's are really my favorite.

Ybbeat

·
Registered
215 Posts
I say sell the SOCOM as well. I have a Thunder Ranch and a SRP. I'm not convinced the SRP is really worth the extra money. If I were to do it all over gain and could only have just one of these guns, I would order a TRS and specify some upgraded parts on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, i appreciate the responses. as soon as i get unpacked from my weekend diving trip i'm gonna work on selling this socom.

vincent

post script: are there any other les baer models that are outstanding? what about the custom models (custom VI)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts