1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a LNIB PII from a gentleman from Texas for $960.00 shipped. Came with 4 LB SS 8 rounders. It arrived last Saturday (17 November) but I did not get to shoot it until today. If Chuck (the seller) told me that the pistol was new, I would have believed him. Not a scratch, the pistol has never been holstered. He even shipped it with the original zip lock back with the CLP still in it. He said he shot 100 rounds through it, and I believe it. Anyway, field stripped, cleaned, lubed, yada yada yada. It was quite an adventure since this is my first 1911. Called Les Baer for the "obligatory" serial number check. Found out it was delivered in April this year, never been back for repairs nor modifications. Took it to the range today. Shot low and left. And no, I am not flinching. Adjusted the rear sight and got decent groupings. Shot a total of 250 rounds of PMC 230gr FMJ. Accuracy is not that spectacular, but I read it here that it takes about 1000 rounds to fully break it in. Out of the box, it's not as accurate as my HK Match 45 and HK Tactical 45. Have to wait and see after 1000 rounds. Overall, no FTE, FTF, jam, NOTHING. It functioned flawlessly with the factory mags. One thing I learned during my AR-15 days, I used Slick 50 grease to lube the rails, etc. The pistol never failed to go into battery. I might get some flame for the Slick 50, BUT FOLKS, IT ALWAYS WORKED FOR ME. I am very happy with it so far.

· Registered
389 Posts
New Toy 45,
Glad to see that you decided on the PII. I think you will grow to enjoy it the more you shoot it. I really started liking mine at the 1,500 rnd mark. Now I don't want to shoot any other pistol but my PII. Haven't been doing much of that lately as ITS DUCK SEASON. My shotguns seem happier now - funny how a steady diet of 3 inch mags can do that for a gun. I would like some more feedback once you get about 1,000 rds through it. I will bet it becomes more accurate as you get more trigger time with it. Anyway sounds like you got a great price on it and it wasn't even broken in.

------------------

· Registered
2,944 Posts
I'd try a different brand of ball ammo. All guns have a distinct personality and preference in ammo, and none of my .45s really like PMC ball. To wring out that PII, I'd try Federal Match 230-gr., W-W white box military ball, S&B, or Black Hills.

I would be very surprised if any H&K could outshoot a Baer with good ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.