1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It’s Saturday and thought I would share two of my Specials.
Both are made by Tanfoglio. Made for the Israeli Mossad.

Attachments

Reactions: Ingramite

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,641 Posts
It's not Saturday night, yet.

Reactions: 45ofcourse

·
Administrator
75,920 Posts
Here's a real Saturday Night Special. A Jennings J-22 that I bought back in 1991 for only $55. As cheap as it is, it actually works pretty well. Most of them don't.
Material property Computer data storage Font Electric blue Fashion accessory

Font Line Art Material property Handwriting

As laughable as that group might look, these guns have horrible triggers and non-existent sights. The only impressive thing was that it got through all 50 rounds without a single malfunction.

·
Administrator
75,920 Posts
Some of you guys have a pretty peculiar interpretation of a Saturday Night Special. If we're actually talking about guns to wear while taking a beautiful young woman out to a nice dinner then I wish to withdraw my submission immediately! :oops:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Someone talked my lib mother in law into buying this in the 70s for self defense for some reason. Should have put a revolver in her hands instead. She Might have actually shot it once in awhile and kept it ready. Instead she let it sit for years then dumped it on me.

It had no malfunctions the one time I put a few magazines of .25 through it but it is a very awkward little thing to manipulate. Not easy to handle at all. Horrible controls, bad gun to hand a first time buyer as a primary SD weapon. Seems like the male cousin who took her in just thought a female should be good with any tiny small caliber gun.

I actually turned it in for my Grocery store gift card at a buy back this morning to get that safe space back.

My regret is I didn’t think to be a real jerk and take it in in an AR case to get everybody’s heart pumping like they might have something really good on the table for the evening news.

I am glad it’s gone, I was tired of seeing it every time I opened the door to my safe. Would much rather try to find something like a snubbie 686 plus to hang in that spot.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Some of you guys have a pretty peculiar interpretation of a Saturday Night Special. If we're actually talking about guns to wear while taking a beautiful young woman out to a nice dinner then I wish to withdraw my submission immediately! :oops:
Mine were in really bad shape when I bought them. Israelis don’t seem to clean their firearms lol. The nickel one wasn’t as bad but still nasty.
Both were fun projects and both shoot well for what they are.

·
Premium Member
7,140 Posts
In my thinking, I'd immediately excluded any S&W. My recently acquired Charter Arms, so far, appears too high in quality. That left me with my 1st ever handgun, a Llama .357; my 1st automatics Hi-Points in .45ACP and 9x17 for myself and my wife respectively; and a couple marginal Keltecs ... near the borderline of too good to be SNSs.

·
Registered
13,700 Posts
No specials for me, but it is interesting to see others’ choices and the reasons why.

Usually, people have good reasons— reasons relevant to them — for their carry selections.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is my Saturday afternoon special. Or maybe it's a BBQ gun? Those tend to occur on Saturday afternoon.

I remember sitting on my back deck with my son and popping off a round if it can be called that.
He looked at me, laughed and said "You just shot into the ground".
I told him to take another look as a tall blade of grass was falling over. That earned me a seldom dispensed high 5. I'm not 22 Plinkster so I won't be trying that in front of an audience again. He thinks I can shoot now and I'll leave it at that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's Saturday night and I just got paid
I'm a fool about my money and I don't try to save

No cracks about the knife, that's elephant ivory, not mother of pearl.

I'm bound for Black Mountain, me and my razor and my gun
Lord, I'm bound for Black Mountain, me and my razor and gun
I'm gonna shoot him if he stands still, and cut him if he runs

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Machine

With thanks to Little Richard and Bessie Smith (Black Mountain Blues):

·
Super Moderator
15,029 Posts
It appears that many of our esteemed members do not know what a Saturday Night Special is. Your is an excellent example.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts