1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a thread for Kimber owners who haven't had problem one with their fine Kimber selections of the 1911 platform.

I have three right now and have had not one issue. I will be adding #4 by the end of the month, and feel certain it will not let me down either.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have been shooting my Kimbers for years and have never had a problem with them. My newest Kimber has been flawless. I know several people who are also Kimber freaks, that have also had nothing, but good performance, from their Kimbers.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Well my new (actually it was NIB, but old stock about two years ago) had only one glaring malfunction:

A couple of times the extractor refused to release an empty case during the first hundred rounds or so.

It also objected to some Para magazines that otherwise fit fine until I did a little file surgery on the magazines. (Ejector issues.)

All of this was so disgusting that I immediately began posting a series of complaint messages here. :biglaugh:

Fortunately the computer doesn't work as well as the Kimber....

(Compact Custom. 4" all steel gun on an "Officer's" sized frame. Pre-Series II.)

We must rise up and protest this immediately!:rock:

Regards,

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Ivory soap! Those of you old enough remember the ad's for 99&44/100% pure.

My Kimbers are more reliable than that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My Kimber Classic Stainless LE was purchased new by my father in '97, then sold to me a few years ago. In ten years of shooting, and several thousand rounds (handloads, namebrand, cheapest crap on the self) there have been three stovepipes, all three coming from limp wristing the pistol. It is as it came from the factory, with the exception of some wrap around grips my father put on it, never even had to adjust the sights. It is a dream to shoot, and if I could find another series one for a decent price, i would be all over it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
All of my Kimbers have been flawless (8 Kimbers), even the used ones that the previous owners parted with because they were "crap," have worked flawlessly for me. Which leads me to believe that some, but not all, of the folks that had problems with theirs were either operator error or just plain bad karma. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All of my Kimbers have been flawless (8 Kimbers), even the used ones that the previous owners parted with because they were "crap," have worked flawlessly for me. Which leads me to believe that some, but not all, of the folks that had problems with theirs were either operator error or just plain bad karma. :biglaugh:
This is exactly what I've been trying to get thru in other posts, nobody ever thinks it could possibly be them till someone else shoots their pistol, then it was a fluke if it runs right!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have only one Kimber at this time. This is not going to be my last. I love everything about it. It fits just perfect in my hand. I have many of my friends that are officers that want to purchase one. I look forward to using this pistol all the time. I love to clean this pistol. I use it as much as I can. Not as much as my Glock because it is cheaper to shoot. I but back money ever so often to save up to buy ammunition for my Kimber. :rock:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thats what I am talking about. Make payments. This way you will not drop 1K at one time.:rock:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have an Ultra Carry. During the first 500-600 rounds I had numerous FTF's and tracked some of those down to one specific Wilson magazine. I changed the spring in that magazine and it's now relaible, but I still had intermittent FTF. I thought it might be the extractor, but it checked out OK and I was reluctant to contact Kimber until I had at lest 1000 - 1500 rounds through it.

With about 700 rounds through it I decided to give it a bit more lube than I normally do; I usually just leave a light film of oil on the moving parts. Well I'm happy to report that with the added lube all FTF's ceased! I even used this at a local competition and did quite well, even agains guys using race guns and had zero problems. I now have about 2000 rounds through this little 1911 and it's great!!!!

I got his gun for carry and now I feel confident in using it in that role! Kimber makes nice guns, but they don't have the slop that some 1911's have and require a bit more tweaking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
650 rounds in my custom II and its been perfect, even with DIRTY wad cutter reloads, every magazine that I have, new and old. Its by far my favorite 1911. I own 3, a Colt Gold Cup, a springfield loaded (worked on by Kings) and my Kimber.

Simply put...Kimber:rock:

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
I have had a Tactical Ultra for over 1 1/2 yrs now with zero problems, feeding it all sorts of ammo. Carry this gun both as a back up weapon when i'm on duty and as my off duty carry. I can not speak more highly of this weapon. There is nothing that I would change about it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts