1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 599 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
What can I do with a scoped floating barrel rifle ?

The 5 shots in the quarter were shot at 100 yards.

The rifle is Rem 700 in 22-250 , trued action , Shilen barrel , Sierra 52 gr Matchking bullets.

The PD was shot w/ a self built Savage in 6mm/06 , Shilen barrel , 75gr Vmax @ 4200 fps , the distance was ( you're not going to believe it so I'm not telling ).

BTW, it takes A LOT more than just floating the barrel for a rifle to shoot good.

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
I shot this today. I'm trying to rework my technique. I started out shooting slower in a match style (30 yrs ago), then progressed to a faster style. I'm now trying to slow it down and unlearn some habits.

This was a quarter right weaver stance, two handed.

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
Here's one from last weekend. This is out of a Springer GI at 10yds standing with my handloads.

Here she is.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ed Brown Kobra Carry 50 rounds @ 15 yards. The last mag was "up top" and you can see a little range fatigue sitting in, but I think it would still do the trick.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Life-long shooter, some silhouette shooting and bullseye competition years ago, combat shooting more recently. I shot this target a year or so ago and don't recall all the details. It was shot offhand (2 hands) isosceles indoors at 10 yds with my Kimber SS Ultra Carry. I think that it was 21 rounds of either WWB or Wolf, can't recall which.

I shoot this baby better than my full size at combat distances. It has about 5,000 rounds through it. Carried it daily for over a decade. Feels like an extension of my body.

Shoot safe!

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
my last visit to the range...

Took some time to go to the range today to shoot some of my yet to have been shot handguns.

The gun list included the following: Iver Johnson 5 shot .32 S&W Short revolver, NAA WASP .22 Magnum, Inglis High Power, Belgum made Israeli Police trade-in High Power, made in 1952, Styer Hahn Model 1912 made in 1916, S&W Model 59, S&W Model 469, and a second range visit with my recently overhauled Colt Combat Commander.

I shot 10 rds with the Iver Johnson, 15 rds with the Wasp, 16 rounds through the Styer Hahn, two magazines through each High Power, two magazines through each S&W auto, and 30 rds through the Combat Commander.

A good range trip; several nice surprises; I was a bit disappointed with the WASP but then I was shooting at 10 yards. Most impressive was the 469 which is a chopped and bobbed S&W Model 59; it ate the middle of the target. All the guns were shot at 10 yds with the exception of the Combat Commander; I shot the CBP qual course of 30 rounds fired from 3-1/2, 7, and 15 yards.

Here are the targets:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Here is a S&W 1911 that I bought as a butchered basket case. I replaced all the damaged parts, filed out the hammer marks on the frame and then had it refinished. She turned out very nicely and performs like a champ.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
deathcape: good to see another bullseye shooter! My .45 scores are absolutely pathetic right now but I've only been shooting the big gun since July. But I did manage the following (my second 'clean' target) with the .22 last week, been shooting pistols since April:

·
Registered
23 Posts
First time out

left target was 21 rounds of Federal, right was the next 3 mags (21 rounds) of WWB with my new A/C Amigo... all at 7 yds

·
Registered
610 Posts
Just to break it up a bit...:)

Took my M70 out this morning. New to me as of a couple of weeks ago. I had shot it one other time to evaluate it, found I needed to adjust the trigger. It now breaks a bit over 2lbs.

They last made these models in 2003, it has been glass bedded. Has a full aluminum rail HS stock. 1 in 12 twist. I seriously doubt it had been fired (much or at all) prior to my purchasing it. It still had factory grease in the bolt lug recess.

I had 2 big cups of coffee and a diet coke this morning.... so the group is a little big.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 599 Posts