1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 435 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok seems that many of us now have FUSION PISTOLS LETS SEE UM!

I will start -
Here is my 10mm HUNTER

MY NEW 9MM LONGSLIDE - Magwell to come soon + new grips

NEW T-COMM 10MM!

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Someday I will have Old Lefty money and then I'll be able to have Mr. Serva make some bitchin' 1911's for me! :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Fusion 10mm Longslide XM-10

Well here she is. Just picked her up a few hours ago. I know the pics suck, but its Minnesota and the daylight dies very fast. Had to take pics under the oven exhaust fan. I will post more and better pics later but I am so pleased I just have to share. Aren't those grips about the best you have ever seen. I had Dave and Dale add the stainless magwell. Anyway you should be expecting a range report soon.

Fusion Rocks:shades:

Again, Thanks Bob and Dale, you are a pleasure to work with.:rock:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Snagglepuss,

You are welcome! Bob and I enjoy, no really enjoy, building these pistols and interacting with all our great customers! We are having the time of our lives doing what we love.

I hope you have many many years of shooting enjoyment from your new Fusion! :rock:

Dale.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Snagglepuss said:
Well here she is. Just picked her up a few hours ago. I know the pics suck, but its Minnesota and the daylight dies very fast. Had to take pics under the oven exhaust fan. I will post more and better pics later but I am so pleased I just have to share. Aren't those grips about the best you have ever seen. I had Dave and Dale add the stainless magwell. Anyway you should be expecting a range report soon.

Fusion Rocks:shades:

Again, Thanks Bob and Dale, you are a pleasure to work with.:rock:
Thanks bro, I need to wipe to the drool off of my screen now. I love the ball cuts on the slide:rock:

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SWEET FUSION KOOLAID!!!:cool: :)

I really like the grips!!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is sure PURTY!!!! Rubbing my eyes!!!!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Very nice Sgt.....:rock: Give us some specs would you?

Best regards,
Joseph

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
I stickied this thread like the RIA and Nighthawk photo threads. I ask that comments about the heaters shown are kept at a minimum.

Carry on.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Here is my Fusion, I know that it is half finished. I just installed the BT; polishing is left for this weekend. I ordered the barrel and other parts from Bob and will finish up after Christmas. Thanks Bob for making this possible.

http://community.webshots.com/album/561829352scxGNg

Randall

·
Registered
91 Posts
Fusion?

I have never heard of Fusion are they Custom, Semi-Custom, Production or what? They sure are pretty, do you know what the black finish is that they are using?

Thanks, Buddy

·
Banned
410 Posts
buddy_fuentes said:
I have never heard of Fusion are they Custom, Semi-Custom, Production or what? They sure are pretty, do you know what the black finish is that they are using?

Thanks, Buddy
Semi by my understanding, and the finish is black oxide.

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jim V said:
I stickied this thread like the RIA and Nighthawk photo threads. I ask that comments about the heaters shown are kept at a minimum.

Carry on.
Thanks Jim and Merry Christmas!!!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Man those are some perty guns:)I am so close to calling BoB and doing it.Problem is I would most likly have to sell my Wilson CQB to do it.You guys that have ownedmultiple 1911's,where would you put the Fusions on the 1911 "food chain"? Wilson,Brown fit finish etc,or upper end STI, or upper end Kimber.

thanks

Greg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of my Fusion:
It's a .45 ACP Long Slide. Bob and crew fitted the slide, barrel, and beavertail. They also finished it in Black Oxide. I finished the kit with all of the small parts ordered through either Midway USA or Brownell's

Just a short story about the Fusion: I took it to the range on Saturday. The range that I use is run by the MS Wildlife and Fisheries agency and is in fact a waterfowl reserve. The range officer is ex-military and from what I gather was a sniper for the Marine's version of the Navy SEALS (sorry, don't know what that unit is called) and is now a game warden. Anyway, I always ask him to shoot new guns that I acquire because I respect his opinion. He shot my Fusion on Saturday. From 25 yards, he shot an 8 shot 1.5" group. I was stunned, as I always am, by his ability. Once he was finished, he just looked at me and smiled. He said that that was the best shooting 1911 he had ever shot and asked me about building him one. This guy has shot every imaginable firearm in his career and to me that's quite a testiment to Fusion.

Man those are some perty guns:)I am so close to calling BoB and doing it.Problem is I would most likly have to sell my Wilson CQB to do it.You guys that have ownedmultiple 1911's,where would you put the Fusions on the 1911 "food chain"? Wilson,Brown fit finish etc,or upper end STI, or upper end Kimber.

thanks

Greg
Greg,

I own a high-end Kimber (pictured below) and I would put the Fusion head and shoulders above it. The slide fit and lockup is so much tighter on the Fusion that it's almost embarrasing for the Kimber. I've never handled a Wilson or an Ed Brown but I can't imagine that they are any smoother than mine.

Kimber CDP II Custom (out of Kimber's custom shop)

·
Registered
146 Posts
How great is Bob and his crew at Fusion

I had bought a bunch of components from fusion on several action sights. A got a slide and trigger parts, mainspring housing and slide stop, well you guys get the picture. I called him to see if I could have them all shipped together to save on the shipping. Bob found all of it while I was on the phone with him and matched the price on a checkered frame with ejector, that I was going to have to wait on with the other manufactuer. (They make great stuff but no wait was attractive.) Well I recieved all of it and Bob went above and beyond he actually fitted the frame and slide for me it needed some final lapping but it now slides like its on bearings with minnimal effort on my part. I called him today to let him know how pleased I am and he took the time to just BS with me. I mentioned to him that the only parks I needed to finish my build were a recoil spring and magazine catch, as I had forgot to put them on my order ( make your list before trying to order the parts from memory you will always forget something) Bob without even skipping a beat said "send me your address again I'll ship them out today, no charge." Gents it is obviouse these guys are a class act flood them with your orders they will do you right.:rock:

1 - 20 of 435 Posts