1911Forum banner
421 - 437 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
a new addition to my family,this is my first and i will be making a special set of grips for it. outstanding reports onthis company

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 6" Hunter

I've had this one for about 11 or so years now. Only shot it a handful of times and as you can see the ion bond didn't hold up all that well. :( Needed to change the grips but the studs came out; stuck in the grips with the screws. Maybe I'll order some new ones. Anyway, this one was built in NY just after Bob left Dan Wesson.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
my 6" 10mm

Here's my New York made 6". ION bond didn't hold up so well but still goes bang. Grip studs got stuck in the grips but here she's a shooter. well, not at the moment but maybe someday again when I get some new grip screw studs.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here's my "REVERSE" Oreo - installed new grips on my Fusion

Before there was Fusion there was Dan Wesson. When Bob left to start Fusion, I had to buy one of his new guns. They were every bit as awesome as DW, just cost a bit more. Here are my 3 favorites with the Fusion 6" in the middle. BTW, I know the grips aren't sexy but man do they feel awesome in the hand.

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
Here's something a little different. Got a GSG .22 1911 but wanted a more "real" feeling to it and ability to add some better/different parts, so ordered a Fusion frame to replace the cheesy potmetal-ish one that came with the gun.

Had to drill an extra hole for the pin that holds the barrel in place. All I did was lay the original frame over the top of the Fusion one, using pins in the thumb safety and slide stop holes to align everything then just used the hole in the GSG frame as a guide to drill the hole.

Other than that is was just the normal process of getting all the frame parts fitted up.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ok, I'll play ........ Here's mine that Bob completed back in 2011. I love this thing!!

Here is another exceptional CCO, the recipe of Mark D. He made many changes to this project as it progressed, and ended up with this super recipe. Mark went with the CCO configuration with Aluminum Alloy frame as a base and had everything Ion Bond DLC Coated, Including the polished barrel. Instead of the standard checkering, he went with a stippling texture on the frame, mainspring housing and controls. This gives a super nice and unique look to this pistol. The stippling is not as aggressive as the Checkering, but gives a nice grip and control. Some other options selected were the BnG fancy top serration, Rounded Mainspring housing and frame butt, and stocked with both white and Red cocobolo,( Many folks are getting 2 sets of grips, the hand select wood is so nice it is hard to only choose one).. Thanks again to Mark for this super pistol build!!

·
Registered
623 Posts
My flip phone has a camera but it doesn't hook up to the internet so I can't post pics of my new Fusion.
The number of different ways that you can equip your Fusion is very high and that is a good thing. I think the Freedom series is priced just right. Their high end stuff, well, I don't see a lot of people bragging about them. At least, not on this Forum.

·
Registered
62 Posts
First time at the range...best out of the box performance of any handgun I've ever owned!

Reactions: 1911_Bandit

·
Registered
62 Posts
My latest, CC in 10mm...

421 - 437 of 437 Posts