1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lets see your Gold Cup National Match photos!

I cannot believe I finally did it. I went to buy my first handgun back in '94, and the sales clerk talked me into a Sig 229, while I was eyeing a Gold Cup National Match. "But you are going to need the 229 with the high capacity 12 rd. mag. It's going to be worth a fortune in a few years." So I walked out of the store with a 229. Five years later I sold it and took a beating. Fast forward to last Monday. Go back to the same gun shop and there is a trade in that caught my eye. A stainless GCNM! Salesman kept asking me if I want to hold it. NO! I'll have to buy it if I touch it. Promptly left the store so it didn't follow me home, and tried not to think of it the rest of the day. Well those big old puppydog eyes kept me awake Monday, tues., wed., thus. and I couldn't take it anymore.
Put a down payment on it untill I can pay it off! Might take me a couple of months, or longer.....
Anyway, don't care for the black wraparound rubber grips. Anyone got photos of their GCNM's sportin' different grips??

·
Registered
541 Posts
I bought a series 70 Colt Gold Cup National Match back in 1980 and have shot it a lot and modified it a lot over the years. This is what it looks like now with a new set of Alumagrips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.