1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 8734 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Clockwise from top - stainless ORM, blued re-issue Series 70, enhanced OACP, Pocket Nine, and NRM Commander with Marvel Unit 2. One of these days I think I will find a frame for my Marvel Unit 1, and leave that one set up as a .22 too.

·
Registered
545 Posts
.38 Super Bright SS

Bought this today in honor of Independance Day and because I could!
Pricey, but, VERY NICE! :cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,530 Posts
1953 Commercial Government Model. The pistol is untouched and completely original. It seems to have been carried in a holster a lot but fired little. I had it checked by an ex-Army armorer who stated it was basically 'pristine' on the inside. It was dirty when I rescued it off a guy's table. I really don't know why guys won't even clean a gun they're trying to sell. He could have got another $100 from somebody if it hadn't been so cruddy. I couldn't tell what the barrel was like, but it turned out fine. I don't use those grips. I put on a walnut double-diamond set.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just bought this baby!!! I am so in love with it, my wife gets a little gealous...I'm sure others out there have that problem too huh? Well here is my baby, Colt M1991A1 Commander S/S, 4 1/4in barrel, CTC laser grips (not pictured)

I really want to get some upgrades done so I will post new pics as I get them...Nice firearms guys!!

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
My Yost Combat Commander:

Here's another one, not very pretty. I bought it for a base gun for a Custom build. It's unsual as it's chambered for .40 S&W.

I have a few more, just no time to take pics,
Gold Cup National Match
NRM 1991 (at Ted Yost's)
Delta Elite
LW Officers

·
Premium Member
15,530 Posts
Now here is a 1974 Series 70 Gold Cup National Match (shown with a SA Ultra Compact V-10). I don't have either one anymore. The V-10 worked great, and the ports really handled recoil, but also blew gas and sparks into your face if you were holding the pistol back in the retention position. The GCNM was acquired before I knew what I wanted in a .45, and it turned out that I just wanted a good old Gov. Mod. This one was in perfect condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Heading the same direction

M1991A1 said:
Is it that obvious. :eek: I didn't even include the two Sprinfields since this is about Colts. :p
I dumped the "Wife Unit" last year (after 23 years) and now I am building my collection as well. :)

Colt Officer's .45 Auto SS
Kimber Eclipse II Pro
Colt Govt. .38 Super in Bright SS

This is just a start. Should be there with you in the next two years or so! :)

Reactions: fnfalman
1 - 20 of 8734 Posts