1911Forum banner

8701 - 8720 of 8736 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I figured it's time to bring these old Colts out of my safe. The Colt 1911 is an original "Black Army" that looks like it was never issued; the Colt 1903 Hammerless was made in 1934; the Colt 1908 Hammerless was made in 1914. I'm trying to get a decent priced Colt Commando next. View attachment 603173
The "black army" looks refinished to my eyes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can’t believe you have that crappy 1980s Agent.

I thought that I was the only person who had ever bought one. Mine came with the front sight canted all the way to almost 10 o’clock position.

I got that Agent for $170, couldn't pass that deal up. Maybe plain, but has a great trigger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought mine just because I wanted something to document the bad old days of Colt. I got a Gen 1 Double Eagle fir the same reason.
It points well and shoots when you pull the trigger. I don't have a problem with it. If I'm pulling a 38, I don't believe the sights will help, it will be more than likely be up close and personnel! I like Colts!

·
Registered
535 Posts
This is the most recent addition to the family. Colt competition that went to Jojo’s for the spa treatment. Wilson internals, STI trigger, front strap checkering, Extreme Engineering hammer, dehorned, fitted S&A backstrap/magwell, and cerakoted. Heading for the range as soon as weather and schedule permit.

8701 - 8720 of 8736 Posts