1911Forum banner

Let's See Your Colts!

4M views 9K replies 3K participants last post by  dmason53 
#1 · (Edited)
Been building back my 1911 collection...mostly Colts... went from about 20 pieces circa 1998 to just 2 after that... Now back up to 6 again... things are looking good! :p

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
1953 Commercial Government Model. The pistol is untouched and completely original. It seems to have been carried in a holster a lot but fired little. I had it checked by an ex-Army armorer who stated it was basically 'pristine' on the inside. It was dirty when I rescued it off a guy's table. I really don't know why guys won't even clean a gun they're trying to sell. He could have got another $100 from somebody if it hadn't been so cruddy. I couldn't tell what the barrel was like, but it turned out fine. I don't use those grips. I put on a walnut double-diamond set.

Attachments

#6 ·
I just bought this baby!!! I am so in love with it, my wife gets a little gealous...I'm sure others out there have that problem too huh? Well here is my baby, Colt M1991A1 Commander S/S, 4 1/4in barrel, CTC laser grips (not pictured)

I really want to get some upgrades done so I will post new pics as I get them...Nice firearms guys!!

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
My Yost Combat Commander:

Here's another one, not very pretty. I bought it for a base gun for a Custom build. It's unsual as it's chambered for .40 S&W.

I have a few more, just no time to take pics,
Gold Cup National Match
NRM 1991 (at Ted Yost's)
Delta Elite
LW Officers

#14 ·
Now here is a 1974 Series 70 Gold Cup National Match (shown with a SA Ultra Compact V-10). I don't have either one anymore. The V-10 worked great, and the ports really handled recoil, but also blew gas and sparks into your face if you were holding the pistol back in the retention position. The GCNM was acquired before I knew what I wanted in a .45, and it turned out that I just wanted a good old Gov. Mod. This one was in perfect condition.

Attachments

#20 ·
Heading the same direction

M1991A1 said:
Is it that obvious. :eek: I didn't even include the two Sprinfields since this is about Colts. :p
I dumped the "Wife Unit" last year (after 23 years) and now I am building my collection as well. :)

Colt Officer's .45 Auto SS
Kimber Eclipse II Pro
Colt Govt. .38 Super in Bright SS

This is just a start. Should be there with you in the next two years or so! :)

Reactions: fnfalman
#21 ·
P-51 Bullitt said:
I dumped the "Wife Unit" last year (after 23 years) and now I am building my collection as well. :)

Colt Officer's .45 Auto SS
Kimber Eclipse II Pro
Colt Govt. .38 Super in Bright SS

This is just a start. Should be there with you in the next two years or so! :)
Lol. Guns don't talk back or make a fuss. You don't have to buy shoes for them....only feed them.....and they never ask if they look fat.....

:biglaugh:

#22 ·
m1911vs911 said:
fe700 that NRM looks fire blued. darn sharp with the short trigger and arched msh looks like a million. the other one isn't half bad either.

Thanks bud for the nice compliment. :)

That's a Gunkote finish I did on it. Came out better than I could have ever hoped. I'm going for the look of the older series 70's. I would say late 60's model or so? I think I'm there. It's a beauty if I don't say so myself. ;)

#23 ·
Hey FE700

FE700 said:
Thanks bud for the nice compliment. :)

That's a Gunkote finish I did on it. Came out better than I could have ever hoped. I'm going for the look of the older series 70's. I would say late 60's model or so? I think I'm there. It's a beauty if I don't say so myself. ;)
Can you detail your gunkote steps for me?
I have a Colt Trooper MK V 357 Mag I would like to refinish with gunkote. It was blued. I had to replce the sideplate with a nickle plated one,will this make a difference? Will the beadblasting and K-Phos take care of the adhesion to the nickle?
Also, have you seen, or anyone else, the new "Gun Blue" finish KG is offering?

Thanks, your pistols look great!!!
Danny