1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1666 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Here's mine. It's not much but it does what I need. There's a Hornadcy LNL AP and a Lee turret.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Mine is a 6x10 cave in the garage.
On one side is the cleaning bench & ammo storage. Pistol ammo in peanut butter jars. A very renewable resourse around here. I just never grew up.

The big picture showing above storage.

Other side is the loading side. Sinlge satage RCBS. 2 of em.

Big picture. Coffee cans to separate brass. The other renewable resourse.

·
Premium Member
3,277 Posts

This all started about two months ago. Twenty years ago I had a bench with a single stage press, I just started up again, and I do like progressive reloading.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Well, it's modest compared to the other setups, but I get the job done. I hope to have an 8" X 20" long bench in the basement before the end of the year. Fingers crossed.

Lee Classic Cast on the right, Lee Classic Turret on the left. I like Lee presses and dies, but I did replace that scale with a Dillon Eliminator and like that much better.

This is two pieces of MDF topped with masonite bolted to a cheap garage bench with 4 bolts. Two bolts from each press go through only the extra piece, the outermost bolt on both presses goes all the way through the benchtop. Very solid.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Richpetrone, Hardwood floors? Wow! I'm out in the garage. If I spilled molten lead on that floor or scratched it. My wife would go into orbit. Nice layout! That ceiling fan could be a little more manly. There wouldn't be lace curtains in that room? Just kidding. I'm jealous. :rock: Mine was $160 from Lowes

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Wow...we have some neat freaks with OCD on this forum. My setup is on a small table with wheels (i bought it that way) and the thing isn't as stable so it kind of drives me crazy. But since I only load about 200 - 300 rounds max at a time, I'm too lazy to go buy a bench and set it up again. Perhaps when I buy my next house it'll get a more permanent home.

Kudos to all pics. They are very nice workspaces and I'm envious.

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
Reloading bench

To 1Blue:

There is nothing wrong with your Lowes set-up....looks very sturdy.

I have a reloading room/office in my home, so my wife likes me to keep it neat and orderly (can't blame her!). I got the cabinets free when a friend remodeled his kitchen, put a 3/4" plywood top over the base cabinets (the formica was pretty poor) and stained it. I did cut 5" off the base cabinets.

The good thing is all the cabinet space hides my bullets, brass, primers and
other gun stuff. The Dillon 1050 is set up for 9mm, which is what I shoot the most in IDPA competition. The STAR machine is set for .45acp. The Dillon 550B has interchangeable heads for 9mm, 38super (IPSC), .40 S&W, and .223 for my AR-15. What's great is the 9mm, 38super, and .40 S&W all use the same shell plate and small pistol primer, so all I have to do is change out the tool head, which takes less than 30 seconds.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
That's a beautiful setup, Rembrandt!:rock:

You're an engineer, right?

·
Registered
922 Posts
These all look awesome! I'm ashamed to take a picture of my workbench and surrounding area. I have to clear a spot to work on my workbench. I'm out in the garage with the lawnmower, bikes, assorted junk and an old toilet my wife wouldn't let me throw away.... Brother. :(

·
Registered
527 Posts
I love that old school tumbler on the shelf. Do you still use it?
Yes I do. That is my 2nd. My first was home made out of a 3lb lard bucket. I traded for it when I set up. The motor finally burned up on it & I traded for this one. I have licked my lips afew times of a vibrator but never been willing to spend when what I have works.

My separater is not shown in the pic but gets a few comments too. Grew up country & poor. Preacher income now so I make make do w/ what I have. A shallow oil catch pan & a 5gal hydrolic oil bucket w/ holes drilled in the bottom. I am the shaker.

1 - 20 of 1666 Posts