1911Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1666 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
i just got into it not to long ago this is my starter until i get something bigger

·
Registered
527 Posts
That gets the job done. 35yrs ago when I started I sat in th floor & a Lee hand loader. Saved for a month to have the $10.00 it cost. Took another month to get components.

I have a friend who has been loading longer than I have who still sets on a bucket & loads on a 24" wide homemade bench w/ a single stage RCBS. He loads a lotta ammo by staying after it.

Yours is good.

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
Here is my reloading set-up!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
lol thanks im tryin here. The lee does great i was very very impressed on the powder distribution accuracy and how the shells cam out.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Where can I find metal plates, about 8-10 inches square to reinforce the mounting area for a press? I've seen these many times in reloading bench photos, some here, but I don't know where to find them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Man I love these threads. I always get more ideas to improve my room and setup. Here is mine that has come together over 22 years or so. Like some others, I started with a Lee loader the little hand tool. After a year or so I bought the RCBS Rock Chucker. Then eventually stepped up to the Dillon 550B. I always used an RCBS beam scale until a few years ago I finally bought the Pact digital. The other press is a Spolar Gold shot shell press.

I use the Dillon to load handgun, load rifle on the single stage Rock Chucker. The little bench the tumblers are sitting on was one I made and used in the small laundry room when we lived in a 900sq ft condo 15 years ago. Had the rock chucker mounted to it and it worked pretty well. Made the the bench with the two presses when we moved into the house and then when I started loading for trap(shotshell) I built the other bench that press is on. I just keep adding stuff and reorganizing. The room is one that is storage really, the rest of the basement is finished. Anyway, here's some pics.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Nice setup, Gaspipes!

Of course after 22 years, it should be. :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Where can I find metal plates, about 8-10 inches square to reinforce the mounting area for a press? I've seen these many times in reloading bench photos, some here, but I don't know where to find them.

Thanks.
Your local welding shop should be able to help you out. If you bring a layout of your press's mounting holes, they could plasma cut or punch the holes for you.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Here is my humble setup...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Wood floors?

Richpetrone, Hardwood floors? Wow! I'm out in the garage. If I spilled molten lead on that floor or scratched it. My wife would go into orbit. Nice layout! That ceiling fan could be a little more manly. There wouldn't be lace curtains in that room? Just kidding. I'm jealous. :rock: Mine was $160 from Lowes
I'm jealous of all the Blue paint on the bench. Makes my poor old 450 look primative. Nice layout!

·
Registered
175 Posts
gaspipes,

What kind of machine is that on the right side of the bench? BTW,, I'm just a little envious.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Here's my set up. Its in the house so I told my wife I would try and keep it nice and neat, Its worked out pretty good so far.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
gaspipes,

What kind of machine is that on the right side of the bench? BTW,, I'm just a little envious.
Sorry, hadn't checked this thread in a few days. The loader all the way to the right is a Spolar Gold shotshell loader. It's the best shotshell loader a person can buy. I was shooting about 20,000 registered ATA targets a year until about 18 months ago. Lead got to $45/25lb bag and I have just about quit. When I started shooting trap, it was $12/25lb bag. Anyway....

21 - 40 of 1666 Posts