1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking around locally for a LWT Gvt .45 and the owner said he would call me when he got one. Then he said it'll be $970. I nicely asked him to take me off the list as that is too much for me right now. I've seen them go for $850 online.

We started chatting about how much prices have went up and he shows me a NIB Mustang. It is a neat little gun. I think it was $675. He also showed me a Gvt. 9mm. I think it was $1025.

I remember seeing Talo CCOs for $900 and Wiley Clapp Commanders for $950 not too long ago. Anybody else having sticker shock?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You don' see that too often..............

·
Banned
34 Posts
The ss government model for $929.99. I just paid $1199.00 dollars for the same one here in California. If it was my local gun store I would be all over that black colt for $1952.99 but unfortunately that gun is not on California's safe roster list.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
About a month ago, I saw a used Colt Govt. in .38 Super at Gander Mountain for $1800. It was in great shape but not $1800 worth. To me, Gander Mountain is a good place to decide on what you want and then buy it somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
About a month ago, I saw a used Colt Govt. in .38 Super at Gander Mountain for $1800. It was in great shape but not $1800 worth. To me, Gander Mountain is a good place to decide on what you want and then buy it somewhere else.
Gander Mountain is in the same league with Cabela's. The prices there, even when they'll dicker, are over the top. But, people with money are often just too willing to part with those shekels because they can. That's what Cabela's and Gander Mountain expect.

·
Banned
7,730 Posts
That is a very nice list of choices to have come in at any one time in light of how they get made in runs. Kind of shows that if a dealer has the clout and the capital, they can be had if the dealer so desires. His prices are pretty good.

·
Administrator
73,988 Posts
Thoe prices are way cheaper than what I see around Seattle. Two local shops have XSE Commanders, both want $1099 for them.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thoe prices are way cheaper than what I see around Seattle. Two local shops have XSE Commanders, both want $1099 for them.
I've been looking locally for a Series 70 Government stainless. Finally gave up and ordered one online, and the next week found it at my LGS for $60 cheaper :mad:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think a LW Govt for $970 doesn't sound unreasonalbe. Me I am waiting for the Series 70repro in SS or Blued. It will be here someday. But if I walked in and saw a LW Govt for under a grand and it was correct I would probably buy it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts