1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Not sure about any polymer frame compact 1911 designs, but I suspect the alloy frame Defender/SA ultra compacts are in the area of the lightest.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
S.A. still lists a full size 1911 lightweight at 30 oz.. Kimber lists full size polymer at 34 oz.. Both are empty weights.
By comparison a Defender is 22.5 oz. empty.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by 41fan:
what's the lightest 1911 made on the market today? doug
Colt, Kimber, and now Springfield make Ultra Compact 3" Barreled guns with aluminum officers frames. The Colt model is the Defender, Kimber is the Ultra Carry, and now springfield has the Micro Compact. All are about in the lower mid 20 oz range (23 - 25 oz.)

Paraordnance has the P-10 which has a 3" barrel and a shortened officers frame and it is also about 24 oz.

------------------
'In 1913, as he was imposing an income tax on this country (after the Supreme Court had declared Abraham Lincoln's income tax unlawful), Woodrow Wilson promised Americans that it would never go any higher than five percent, and that it would never affect anyone but the very wealthiest two percent of the population. Almost certainly this is where the observation first came from, that you can tell a politician is lying -- because his mouth is moving.' -- Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith, Hope, Page 218.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Detonics (?) are probably the smallest, but I don't know about their actual weights and they really aren't on the market anymore except as used, are they? Kimber Ultras run about 25 oz.

[This message has been edited by Double Naught Spy (edited 12-04-2001).]

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I believe the smallest lightest 1911 on the market is also close to the most expensive!

The SVI Tiki is a Titanium framed gun with integral sights. a rather interesting design but they run in the $3,000-$5,000 range.

I can't say an exact weight but I know they are VERY light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts