1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good deal

That is a great deal. Mine was about 900. I haven’t received it yet because I’m waiting for it to be added to the Maryland handgun roster. Sooooo it’s just sitting at my ffl...... :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
One thing I noticed the stock kimber photo and the pictures on gunsamerica look different. It seems on the gunsamerica pictures the venom is mounted deeper into the slide than on the stock kimber photos. That would be a good thing if it is true.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got my kimber today. It's really nice. The venom sits deep in the slide like on the picture I posted. It has a good trigger too. The gun is a series one with no firing pin block. I tried the slide on a kimber series II 9mm frame that has the firing pin block lifter. It looks like it works on that frame too. I'm really happy so far with this purchase.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got my kimber today. It's really nice. The venom sits deep in the slide like on the picture I posted. It has a good trigger too. The gun is a series one with no firing pin block. I tried the slide on a kimber series II 9mm frame that has the firing pin block lifter. It looks like it works on that frame too. I'm really happy so far with this purchase.
Need pics!!:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
That looks so strange without iron sights, but I guess they figured out how to solve taking the sights off to lock the RDS :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Me Too!

Not to hijack this thread but, I just ordered mine from Gunbroker yesterday for $715.00. Already shipped to my FFL. They had a few more at auction from the same vendor. Any suggestions on a new magwell/Mainspring housing replacement? Ed Brown pieces look nice but I'm sure there are others.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a Pro Carry 2 HD in 45 ACP. that I installed a Vemom on after removing a fastfire 2. Love the thing. So much better than the fastfire. Top load battery, and no special gauge to adjust the sight.
I was able to use the Burris mount and Burris even mailed me a new mounting gasket at no cost. I Traded sights because of the manual brightness on the Vemom. The fastfire was always to dim except in bright sun light. The features mentioned above were the bonus that sealed the deal.
My Kimber is a 4" stainless frame & slide. but other than stove pipe issues during break-in has never had another stoppage. You'll love it. Price with optic is half what I gave for mine with optic.

·
Registered
380 Posts
3 days ago I bought one in 9mm. My first experience with a red dot. I’m definitely a geezer with eyesight issues. Went to the range yesterday with magtech 115’s and handloads of 115’s and 124 xtp’s. Function was flawless, absolutely no issues. Once I get used to “ presenting “ the pistol on target I’m really going to like it. Of course a pic is necessary.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
3 days ago I bought one in 9mm. My first experience with a red dot. I’m definitely a geezer with eyesight issues. Went to the range yesterday with magtech 115’s and handloads of 115’s and 124 xtp’s. Function was flawless, absolutely no issues. Once I get used to “ presenting “ the pistol on target I’m really going to like it. Of course a pic is necessary.
Once you get use to finding the dot quickly you are going to love it. It's nice that the sight sits so low in the slide. It's not much different than looking for iron sights.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
My Aegis Elite Custom was a pain to mount the RMR, as it came missing a screw and they are not standard to any other fastener type. Its still a great pistol, though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
KIMG0958.JPG Not a Venom but 1st Red Dot on a pistol went with Burris Fastfire III. So far only 75 rounds down range, time will tell. I have nothing bad to say about my Kimber TLE RL 10 MM. Brings a big smile to my face every time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I live near Smoky Mountain Guns and Ammo and picked up the Nightstar version about a month ago. I guess I’ve put about 500 rounds of handloads through it without a hiccup. I’m quite happy with it in every way.

This is my 6th Kimber so you can tell I’m a huge fan of them. Now if they made a LW at this price point in a Pro and Ultra with a Vortex dot.

I’ll have to photograph and post a shot of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts