1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
hot on the trail of a Springfield Operator....
but undecided as to LW Operator vs MC Operator...

What are the differences between the two?

I know aluminum vs steel..
I know black vs green frame...
I know no front strap checkering vs Pachs or 2015 model with checkering...

Any other differences?
It will be used for home defense w/light mounted and range fun.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Weight and recoil control.

For your intended purposes, since you don't intend to carry it all day. I would go with the all steel model. The extra weight will tame the recoil and help with managing muzzle rise.

The Springer MC O is a great handgun and well made. Either way good choice!

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
If you don't intend on carrying it then the MC operator is the obvious choice.. The additional weight will make it better as range gun and the front strap checkering the new ones have is another possitive.. Also steel frames are stronger and last longer than aluminum..

·
Registered
370 Posts
i would pick the MC over the LW any day. I just like an all steel 1911. I love my MCO. Its a better pistol in my opinion than my TRP. Try to find one of each and handle them yourself and decide which one just "Speaks" to you. I bought my MCO off of Gallery of guns because i couldnt find one here locally, and i specifically wanted the new 2015 model. The checkering treatment is nice, Not aggressive like the 20 LPI checkering on the TRP, But in combination with the G10 grips that come on the gun if gives a really nice feel. The only upgrades i made on mine was that i added an ED Brown magwell and VZ operator 2s in dirty olive. Good luck with your decision no matter which one you decide. Springfield makes a hell of a gun from the mil spec all the way up.

Ed brown magwell texture

With my TRP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts