1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have reports of issues or non issues shooting hollowpoints in the lightweight XSE?

I plan to take a couple of mine to the range this weekend and run some Remington Golden Sabers to test.

My XSE shoots ball ammo fine, as you would expect.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Been shooting hollow points out of mine for close to five years and the feed ramp didn't show any wear at all before I had my pistol customized and re coated this year. The gun has only ever had 2 ftf since 2011 and they were because of a factory magazine , I was using ball Ammo when they occurred and it was within the first 50 rounds.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I use Golden Sabers as my carry ammo and while I don't fire them regularly through my LW CDR, I did test it out with 100 rounds of 230 gr with no issues. Also FWIW, I was using Wilson 47D 8 rounders.

·
Registered
23,180 Posts
Not with my 2006 XSE LW Commander. Since there are what seem like a thousand different hollow points out there I use mainly 230gr Winchester HPs. Same story with my 2002 Defender.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I've shot many hundreds of Fed HST 230 gr through my LW Gov't XSE, and through a Wilson LW CQB, a Colt LW Officer's ACP, a Colt LW Defender, and a Sig RCS (aluminum framed CCO size). Also, many boxes of Speer Gold Dots and Rem. Golden Sabre.

Other than most of the brass gets thrown into the next county (compared to most FMJ factory rounds or my hand loads) I have never had any problems with any of the ammo in any of the above guns, and noticed no abnormal wear and tear from the HP's.

I do have an Ed Brown Exec. Elite that will not chamber Speer Gold Dots, whatsoever. I have never gotten one to feed in that gun, but it shoots everything else, so I just quit buying them altogether.

·
Registered
923 Posts
No problem with hollowpoints.
Just remember to only magazines with skirted followers.
The 2 - blade type can jump forward and contact the frame, marring it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
No problem with hollow points here either. I have a LW 04860XSE and I use Hornady XTP 200 gr. Have really had no issues with feeding using any kind of ammo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts