1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I shoot Limited with a STI Long Dust Cover .40 and Limited-10 with a standard single stack in .45. I shoot both of them at every USPSA match that I attend. results are interesting. I usually always wind up next to each other in the overall results. Sometimes it's the L-10 on top--sometimes the other way around. Most of the times the runs are very similiar, even in stages where you would expect the L-10 to be at a disadvantage. You must think thru the stage and shoot it much differently in L-10, which is one of the reasons that I enjoy shooting both. Two completely different ways to shoot a particular course of fire. But it seems that both guns always come out about the same. No advantage either way. Much to my amazement. Al

·
Registered
122 Posts
Originally posted by kbear38S:
Alvin,

Hope one of those is for score only.

Actually, both are used for score. I also shoot my .38 super in Open class, for score, at the same match. I realize that in the USPSA rules that it states that only one gun is to be used, BUT as per standard procedures in matches around the country, at a local monthly match, match directors will NOT turn away shooters that want to shoot more than one gun and are willing to pay full price for all guns fired. We have a number of shooters than shoot two or more guns in our two local USPSA clubs and every club that I have shot at allows the same. This was discussed in length on the IPSA list a few months ago and match directors from coast to coast agreed that they will not turn away shooters that shoot more than one gun. I just can't see driving 1-3 hours just to shoot one gun. I realize that some shooters will say that you have an advantage by shooting the stage and then shooting a different gun--in pratice it doesn't happen. You can check my scores and times and they all are about the same. Not much change between them. Alvin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.