1911Forum banner

Limited 10, whats your choice and why?

2221 Views 48 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Silver Surfer
.40 S&W or 45ACP or??

I'm thinking of going the .40 S&W (from a trusty .45) for USPSA Limited 10. Springfield and Kimber produce a "Loaded" and a "Custom" at a resonable price.

The guys who are using the .40 seem to really like it in that class. What your take?
Thanks in advance....
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· aka T. Freeman
8,441 Posts
Wow. I just got back in town from Area 4 and the NM State Match and find this thread. It went from "I like a 40 Single stack, to Limited 10 was created to screw the gamers."

Well, as a shooter first, I like a fat gun in either 40 or 45 for L-10. I suppose if I were about 20 years older I would think that using a fat gun for L-10 gaming. A small part of me does think it should have been a single stack division. But, that is not what the USPSA L-10 rules say. The rules for the Single Stack classic say it must be a single stack. So, I built a Caspian Single Stack. Should I have bought a Colt or a Springfield? Am I a gamer because I use brass mag pads and a tungsten guide rod? No, no and no. Would I rather use an STI fat gun frame modified for single stack mags? Yes. But the rules don’t allow it.

As a USPSA Club President and USPSA Section Coordinator I will tell you this concerning L-10 and fat guns. L-10 was NOT created with single stacks in mind. Not in any way shape or form. Nor was it created to chase away gamers. L-10 WAS created to allow those in states who can not have anything other than 10 round mags, and for those who can not legally get/own high caps. I repeat, L-10 was not created for single stacks. People new to the sport who want to do well will eventually buy a high cap gun and a couple high caps. And then use 10 rounders as they need to. L-10 allows them to compete if the don’t want to break ANY laws regarding mags.

Production class was designed to keep the gaming to a minimum and attract new members. How has production class gone over? Like a fart in church. Just to show my support for the new division, I haven’t shot anything but production for 8 months. Am I a gamer? Yes. Is IPSC a game? Yes. If you really hate gamers as much as it appears, go to www.idpa.com You wont find a single stack division there either.

I shoot IDPA also and take advantage of every advantage the rules allow me to. That is why there are rules. I will not break the rules, nor will I change what I do, the equipment I shoot, or how I shoot to make someone happy when they think the rules meant to say something they do not.

Tom Freeman
SC, Eastern Colorado

· aka T. Freeman
8,441 Posts
Pampers, I was not telling you to leave USPSA and go shoot IDPA. I was telling you to go to the IDPA web site and you would find that there is no single stack division in IDPA either.

Please continue to shoot USPSA, just don’t call people gamers when they are playing within the rules.

Our club has an annual fun mulligan match. Only single stacks and Glocks compete for plaques. All others can shoot, but no prizes or trophies to anyone other than the Single Stacks or Glocks.

Me, lighten up? If I were any more laid back, I would end taking naps between reloads.

Tom
SC, Eastern Colorado

· aka T. Freeman
8,441 Posts
Surfer, two questions. Are you shooting a single stack 40 or a fat gun? And is it you hits or times that have gone downhill with the 40? If it’s your times, is your gun running 100%?

The only reason I ask is that I am faster with a 40 single stack than I am with my 45 single stack. And my hits are better.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

· aka T. Freeman
8,441 Posts
Oh now I get it, Glock vs 1911, not really 40 vs 45. Makes much more sense now.

Surfer, get a STI in 40, then compare your performance.

Tom
AF Shooting Team

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.