1911Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
I'm not sure reloads are truly any faster on a double stack for a PRACTICED single stack shooter. A sinlge stack with a proper magwell gives you a hole quite a bit bigger than the magazine it's self. There is less margin for error with a single stack, but practice can whittle that down.

· Registered
161 Posts
Hold on a second. I'm sick and tired of hearing complaining about "gamers" due to the equipment used. If it's within the rules of the division, then no one should be insulted by basicly saying they're cheating. This is the kind of whining that made people split off from USPSA, not equipment races. I can shoot my single stack 45 just as flat and fast as my 40 Para. I choose to shoot the Para in L10 because I'm a lot more familar with it.

Double stack or single stack in Limited 10 DOES NOT MAKE A HILL OF BEANS!!!! The speed of the reload rarely comes into play, and if you dryfire at all you will be fast enough. It's the nut behind the bolt that wins. However it's easier to whine the other guy had better equipment than tear down your own techniques and look at the flaws.

No one who follows the rules of the Limited 10 division is "cheating" or "gaming". Period. Those who say otherwise insult some fine people who shoot this sport. I'm not so sure the "gamers" are the problem in this sport. I think the problem may be the "whiners".

Kyle Norris
A43621

· Registered
161 Posts
For one thing working the rules to your own interpretation is part of the game, or any game for that matter. A truly skilled competitor knows the rules and uses them to his advantage.

However, I don't see using a widebody 40 as working the rules. What about the guy who bought his P16 after them mag ban. Are you gonna make him play in Limited with 10rd mags simply because his gun is a bit wider or the caliber a bit smaller? Limited 10 is not a single stack 1911 catagory. It's was concived to give everyone a place to play with 10rd mags. This includes single stacks, Para/STIs/SVs, modified Glocks and USPs, ect.

· Registered
161 Posts
At least we don't spend all our time squating behind barrels instead of shooting

Most people who shoot IPSC play to win. If that means widebodys in 40 in L10 so be it. I've seen single stack relaods that were faster than 90% of double stack reloads. Shoot what you wish, as long as it's within the rules.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.