1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
All I can say is Sweeeeeet! I picked it up the day before easter, sighted it in and shot a match. 15 yd groups of 1-1.25" No malfunctions. It is currently at EGW getting one of the best trigger jobs I've seen. It should be done next week. Tough too decide between it and my regular P-16 limited.

·
Registered
130 Posts
More than one person has advised me that I would be better off with the single action P14 Limited over the P14 LDA Limited since the single action type would be the better trigger for a target model. Since you own and have fired the LDA Limited, what do you think?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi meb1. That's a fairly good assessment if you're a serious target shooter. You could have your trigger pull set extremely low on a single action (1.5 lbs....5 lbs...) for target shooting. The light double action is an excellent design for unconcealed carry due to the fact that it appears to be uncocked, and in the eyes of the noneducated Joe public, a safer carry situation. By design, the LDA is every bit as accurate and reliable as the single action, but the trigger pull characteristics are somewhat different. Having shot both for non-serious target shooting, I enjoy the differences, and don't have any problem with it. Someone who has been shooting single action for a long time may be disoriented by the partial pull of a LDA trigger before the sear breaks and the hammer falls, but it is a clean break, and after a few mags down range, wouldn't be a concern any more. Typical pull weight of a LDA out of the box is 5 to 7 lbs. I would highly recommend either the single action, or double action for target shooting, but would advise that the shooter understand the differences before purchasing to avoid dissapointment.
PS: I'm sure that if you wanted to have the pull weight reduced, a reputable smith could do something for you. Recon, please let us know how your trigger job works out for you.

------------------
Really interesting....Don't ya think??

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi guys sorry for the late reply. Just got home from the honeymoon thing in FL. The trigger pull differences for carry, IDPA and IPSC is pretty much a mute point. Bullseye I would go with the SA. I shot the LDA and my Limited side by side. If there's a difference you couldn't tell by the timer and points. The LDA is great for C&L wary people and depts. I should have the LDA back Wed. with the new tigger job. I have a match coming up Sun. I'll shot both and post the results. Some people might have trouble going back and forth between trigger types, I'm used to it. Started out with an issued Rev. for duty and 1911 off, then the last two issued have been Beretta DAO's and 1911. I'm used to the switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts