1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had for some time a 1945 dated M1911 holster that has a soft white leather lining. I can' remember the manufacturer off hand, but I think it was one of the more common ones. Anyway, I have never heard mention of, or run across another one like it, and was wondering if anyone could share any info about lined holsters.
Thanks Much,
Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Scott, I have the holster stored with a few others, and was posting from memory. I'll try to dig it out today, and post more about it and put some photo's up if I can figure out how.
thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
pics and detail

It is a 1945 dated Boyt, or at least the hanger is. The lining looks like it is made from chamois. It lines the entire interior of the holster, and is stitched in. The sewn leather block (not sure of the nomenclature) that is normally on the inside back of a 1911 holster is missing, although the holes for the stitching is present. Also the little semi circle of reinforcing stitching right below where the trigger guard would sit is missing. Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave
The lined 45 Boyt holster is on the left

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Scott,
As you can probably tell I know very little about these. I had thought the same thing you did, but was kind of curious to see if this was a common modification. On the mouth of the holster where the two sides are sewn together a reinforcing rivet has been added, and has been put in over the stitching. This area normally has a small strip of leather sewn in to reinforce it I think. The added rivet looks a lot like the rivets used to put the hangers on, and has about the same amount of verdigris as the other rivets. Anyway, because of this I thought it might be a military modification, and was hoping someone would verify this.
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Holster

The handle rest which you indicate has been removed would not have been removed by the military as this was a safety feature to prevent the magazine release from being accidentally pushed while in the holster, dumping the magazine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts