1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the prices for pistols listed on WILSON'S sight the price you pay or are they msrp?

·
Super Moderator
13,561 Posts
JOEE:
The price you see on Wilson's website is the price that the general public pays, either if you buy direct from Wilson through an FFL dealer or from an authorized dealer. They have a different price for their authorized "Master" and "Master Plus" dealer.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
DISCLAIMER: This advice comes from a non-Wilson owner

Don't order direct from Wilson. You will pay too much. Have your local dealer order it and let him make a few bucks. You'll end up paying less than Wilson's MSRP.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Listen to Harry...... I did this on my CQB Compact and save almost $300. My dealer made enough to make it worth his effort, I save a chunk, and he got most of what I saved in return business on powder, etc....

BT

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, me too guys, but don't get your Master Dealer in trouble. Wilson is pretty serious about not undercutting list prices.

With the worsening economy we may see additional discounts (hey, do you you think they might discount the super grade to the point I can afford one?) or maybe, with the growing demand for guns, prices may go up.

My only point is that it is good to let other buyers know that discounts are available, but we need to be careful to not get our friends in trouble with Wilson.

Additionally, our local dealers have to charge us State tax, which kind of gives Wilson an unfair advantage with direct sales.

They are great guns, and I hope to buy several more as cheaply as possible!

Cheers,

Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts