Very nice RichModifications to a standard 1911 for Bullseye shooting:
1) Match grade barrel and accuracy job. Gun should shoot a 50 yard 5 shot group from a rest, to at least 3" center to center, preferably better.
2) Trigger job to get a clean and crisp 3.5lb. pull.
3) Varies by shooter, but Bomar iron sights for a gun that can be used in the service pistol match and in 2700. A dot scope used only in 2700 matches.
Modifications to a standard 1911 for Action shooting:
1) Match grade barrel and accuracy job.
2) Trigger job
3) full mag well
4) extended mag release or oversized button depending on which action shooting sport
5) Wide thumb safety; ambi safety is very popular
6) Some shooters like and use fiber optic sights