1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could ONLY pick one of the two guns which one would it be? Say if Jiminez made a 45acp. Or even a Llama 9mm or a Jiminez 9mm?:confused:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
geez... not much to choose from..

i guess if i had to pick, i would pick the llama, only to be able to say..

why yes, that is a llama in my pocket..... :biglaugh:

russel
SDMF

·
Premium Member
20,402 Posts
I'd rather go unarmed. Both are POS!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies but I would like to get some specific Llama or Jiminez answeres.:confused:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
well, i had a jennings 380 that was a POS, my brother bought a llama that was a POS too... this was a long time ago, and since then we dont really consider them a defesive guns.. the only time i will consider them, is if someone is pointing one at me, they will get shot.. lol

your asking us to choose between to " saturday afternoon specials" they dont even rank saturday night specials cause i darn sure wouldnt carry one on a saturday night.

no offense, but its not really much of an option. how do you expect us to choose between two pieces of crap with a straight face....

buy a knife

russel
SDMF

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, i had a jennings 380 that was a POS, my brother bought a llama that was a POS too... this was a long time ago, and since then we dont really consider them a defesive guns.. the only time i will consider them, is if someone is pointing one at me, they will get shot.. lol

your asking us to choose between to " saturday afternoon specials" they dont even rank saturday night specials cause i darn sure wouldnt carry one on a saturday night.

no offense, but its not really much of an option. how do you expect us to choose between two pieces of crap with a straight face....

buy a knife

russel
SDMF

Well thanks for your opinion, I am just finding it hard to get rid of my Jennings 9mm and found a good deal on a trade in on a Llama 45acp. I just figured Llama was of a slightly higher standard than Jennings.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Well thanks for your opinion, I am just finding it hard to get rid of my Jennings 9mm and found a good deal on a trade in on a Llama 45acp. I just figured Llama was of a slightly higher standard than Jennings.
if you can shoot the llama first, than shoot it.

my brothers llama was a high cap 1911 compact ( the little 1911 that had the wide body and held 10 rounds)

we couldnt get it to shoot, he had someone he worked with ( not a gunsmith!) rewield and rebuild the ramp on the frame. they worked on it until it shot good, but he got rid of it after that.

if you cant shoot it first, and your 9mm works, than i wouldnt take the chance.

russel
SDMF

·
Registered
334 Posts
I would rather stab myself in the eye with a blunt object... repeatedly... before I would consider owning either.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would rather stab myself in the eye with a blunt object... repeatedly... before I would consider owning either.
Oh....that's a good one, my Jennings does jam though and I have heard 50 50 talk about the Llama semiautos. So I guess it is a risk but the Jennings is jamming on every other round:bawling:

·
Administrator
73,785 Posts
Time to scrap the Jennings, even if you don't get the Llama. Any handgun that doesn't work is good only as an unwieldy club. It's like owning a car that won't even start most of the time. It's totally useless for its intended purpose.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Time to scrap the Jennings, even if you don't get the Llama. Any handgun that doesn't work is good only as an unwieldy club. It's like owning a car that won't even start most of the time. It's totally useless for its intended purpose.

I hear ya, thanks for the info, ill decide in tomarrow if ill get the Llama or not but I have been taking in a lot of opinions from people and there are some good ones depending on the year of the gun and condition.

G

·
I just figured Llama was of a slightly higher standard than Jennings.
That is the error in your thinking. They are both sub standard. You already asked this question in another section of the board. Many have already told you to pass on the Llama and even offered alternatives for the same money that are far superior.

Forget the Llama.

When asking a question on the forum, there is no need to start two threads in seperate sections of the board on the same topic.

This thread is closed. Please continue your discussion in the original post you made.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.