1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at purchasing a 1911 or a copy, and have found a LLama and a Norinco(both used) in excellent condition. I think I could get either out the door for around 200$. I plan on customizing whatever I purchase and would welcome any thoughts on the subject. Especially availability of aftermarket parts that WILL FIT as advertised, and the overall quality(or lack thereof) of either firearms. Thanks
Paris

·
Registered
844 Posts
Definitely go with the Norinco. Llama's are not great guns and they don't use a lot of the same 1911 parts. Norinco on the other hand makes for a good project gun and all 1911 parts should be an easy fit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
oh really????????????? ya better own a llama and try the parts swap first man.i own one and all colt parts internal right to the slide,frame and barrel fit a llama save the grips the holes are off,the colt link will have to have the upper hole opened up a slight bit as well.sorry to burst your bubble guys but see my sight on the llama with pics info and details i did up p.s. i have 24 years of exp. as a smith,the only diff between the ix-a and the ix-b and a colt is the ixa has an extractor on the side and the ix-b is internal ala series 70. http://members.fortunecity.com/oldvalkyry/llama.html

[This message has been edited by old hawk (edited 03-12-2001).]

·
Registered
554 Posts
Well old hawk, sorry to burst your bubble.

Ask any gunsmith, and I mean ANY, and see which they'd pick for the basis of a custom gun. Don't forget to drop back and tell us that they suggested the Norinco...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Norinco. Had one I carried for two years that worked flawlessly with minimum enhancement.

------------------
J Damien Scott
Las Vegas, Nevada
Main Duty Gun:Kimber Classic Custom with Wilson 47D magazines.
Deep Concealment Gun: Kahr P9

·
Registered
83 Posts
actually johnwill for a custom i use caspian and colt topped off with wilson combat products,not norinco chinese stuff to stick a customer with that i have had the pleasure of sending back with its holes off centered and a few in the wrong places.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts