1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any of the pistol smiths out there answer my question? I have a Les Baer Premiere II 5" 1911. I want to have a rear combat style low mount rear sight installed on it similar to the rear sight on the Baer Thunder Ranch model to make it more amenable to concealed carry(less chance of snagging the large target Bomar rear sight ). Since the dovetails for the 2 rear sights in question are different sizes, the people at Les Baer have told me that is not possible without refitting a new slide, bbl and bushing to my frame. Is it possible that some company makes such a rear sight that would work in this situation? Can an adapter be fabricated or if the size discrepancy is reverse could my slide be routed to a larger dovetail(not sure if the dovetail on my gun is too small or too large)? Also I want Tritium night inserts in the new rear sight! Thanks!

------------------
Everyone needs something to believe in; I believe I'll have another beer!

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
Hi gjbever, Whats on there now, Bomar? MetalSmith

·
Banned
1,342 Posts
YES!~

Someone makes a BO-MAR dovetail replacement rear that is fixed---I just cant remember who! Its not in brownells..maybe DR Middlebrooks?

A real Bo-Mar or Wilson adjustable is pretty tough. It can be dehorned better, which is the main flaw with the one on MY Premier-2

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey Beav....just do 10 extractions or 3 root canals and then you can have a new slide fitted w/ the sights you want.Ha Ha Ha.
Seriously, thats a toughy-Good Luck.

------------------

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK , who r u? Gaymer, Quinn, Dunham or Hammet?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Premeire II has a factory Bomar on it!

------------------
Everyone needs something to believe in; I believe I'll have another beer!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey gjbever, Im in the same boat as you.but i rather keep my custom baer stock. so id op for their night- sights put on then have the tactical rounding. if ur still unhappy, but i dont think u will be, then sell it and get the trs or ? i think the trs is over rated yes its nice and every one wants to think they have the best, but remember the trs is still basicly a premeire 11.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts