1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the loaded SA 9MM 1911. I want to convert it to shoot 38 Super and 9X23. The 9MM barrel is ramped. So, what barrel do I need for the conversion? Whose ramp style?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I am digging up an old thread; but besides the Nowlin 9X23 barrel, what other adjustment is needed to shoot 9X23 through your converted 9mm Springfield? Recoil spring weight increase to what?
:)

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I would increase the heck out of it. 9x23 is crazy hot. We had a 24 pound recoil spring in a Commander we built in 9x23 and we could have gone with more. I would say, start with an 18.5 pound spring and work up from there.

·
Registered
208 Posts
^^^Thks for the info! I was going to contact SA custom shop and see if they could help me out with this project. It would be cool to be able to shoot 9X23 out of the a converted Range Officer 9mm. I have boxes of 9X23 I need to shoot up :)

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
The SA 9mm barrel can be had inexpensively, and should drop right in. A $100 reamer, and you might be able to run 9x23 and Super in that.

I've done the mod, and it's a fun beater gun.

God smiles on people who carry 9x23, and when someone shoots a Super, angels get their wings.

Just sayin'

1 - 7 of 7 Posts